OHM Bombsight Script MFD V1.11

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: beep

A military tactical and strategic air to ground attack system designed to make trials and practice flying within the necessary conditions for a sucessfull load launch and target hit.

All supplied loads have their UCGO packing boxes (waiting for the Orbiter 2016 UCGO release).

A fictional target range base near Edwards is supplied along with some ready to run DG scenarios.

IMPORTANT :  it's up to the user  to provide suitable attachment points in the vessels and attach unpacked loads to the vessels. Some orientation is provided in the documentation.

Be sure to read all the instructions in the documentation file. This is a script MFD and some special procedures apply.

v1.05 Ground Radar was improved to feature a more target scanning 'realistic' behaviour. Radar to Bombsight transfer data now adds to target list rather than replacing it all.

v1.06 Victim mesh deletion on hit was made optional with no deletion as default due to problems regarding multimesh vessels and D3D client rendering. Smoke on explosion and burning reduced to improve performance and make it more ..hum...realistic(?!).

v1.07 Corrected a bogus wingman heading autopilot error introduced in v1.04 (VTOL FAP); Created another option for mesh deletion on hit, which is now the default, for deleting the victim's mesh only if the vessel has just one mesh,and not deleting any mesh otherwise. This solves the D3D9 client crash problem while retaining the feature when possible, which is important for large single mesh targets such as buildings.

v1.08 New booster propelled cruise missile BGM-109 (intended for the incoming Ticonderoga); CruisePathMFD modified to accept the new cruise missile, ASWMFD, CruisePathMFD, ECMMFD debugged for missile deletion/disconection; ASWMFD now has a dipping sonar with an active ping mode; Both AGM-109 and BGM-109 were improved with special flight procedures to be more forgiving on bad cruise path designs.

v1.09 Corrects a new bug introduced when debbuging (!) CruisePathMFD for autodeleting hitting missiles. Paths in the path list should be displaying again with SLP button.

v1.10 A very important correction in victimization routine; A correction in mk46 target pursuit AP setup improves torpedo performance and reliability.

v1.11 A more perfect implementation for the victimization correction made in last version.

DOWNLOAD

8bitgamer13

Reaction score
Problem: The bombs and missiles show up fine, but the MFD itself doesn't seem to work, r even show up. It's not even present in the "Modules" section of the Orbiter Launcher. What can I do about this?

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Dear 8bitgamer13 ( Atari 2600 and 6507 MP ?)

Thanks a lot for your interest in running this addon.

The reason the MFD is not showing is probably because as a script MFD it needs:

a) That the ScriptMFD checkbox is enabled at the 'Script Tools and Drivers' section at the 'Modules' section in Launchpad. 'BombsightMFD' does not appear as an option there because its a Script MFD and not a dll MFD.

b) Its name should be added at the <OrbiterPath>\Config\MFD\ScriptMFD.cfg file using Notepad or equivalent, adding the line:

MFD\BombsightMFD.cfg

Since you are doing the edition add the auxiliary MFD´s as well if you wish:

MFD\GNDRadarMFD.cfg
MFD\ECMMFD.cfg
MFD\ASWMFD.cfg
MFD\CruisePathMFD.cfg

This information is in the readme documentation file which I´d strongly suggest you to take a look.

Count on me for any further help on any issues concerning this addon ,including any particular Orbiter craft you want to add pylons to.

Best Regards

Beep

CptnW

Reaction score
Excellent work Beep! Works well in Orbiter 2016 R1. Makeshift targets are behaving well. Especially enjoy the ships as targets as it makes use of the vast amount of ocean available.
DXD9 seems to affect the ground radar, targets don't seem to show. They are detected just no symbology.
In case you run out of ideas, (although I suspect not!) an anti satellite missile perhaps? To be fired from low orbit. Guess you'd have to match orbit first and close to a few hundred kilometers or so.
Just throwing them out there!
Great work, keep it up Beep! :thumbup:

CptnW

Reaction score
Also, just tried the anti submarine features. By far my favourite! People need to try this.

CptnW

Reaction score
Sorry to post yet again! Having trouble adding pylons to other craft. I'm trying to arm the XR2 and XR5 by adding attachment points via their config files. Unfortunetly I can't seem to get any mesh viewers to work.
If anyone has succeeded and wouldn't mind sharing their config that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks y'all

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Dear CptnW,

Sorry for taking me so long to see your remarks. Thanks a lot for sharing these experiences with me. ASW MFD is one of my fav also.

I devised a method to find mesh coordinates I can try

see

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=37686#post546264

I'll try and will info here as soon as I have the free time.

Meanwhile you can try...this kev shanow's k-sh-3 Sea King edited spacecraft .INI:

Code:
[CONFIG]
MESHNAME="K-SH-3"
SIZE=8
EMPTY_MASS=15000
FUEL_MASS=33000
HOVER_THRUST=5.5e5
ATTITUDE_THRUST=9.9e4
ISP=50000
TRIM=0.05
PMI=(15.5,22.1,7.7)
CW_Z_POS=0.09
CW_Z_NEG=0.09
CW_X=2.
CW_Y=1.4
CROSS_SECTION=(53.0,186.9,25.9)
COG=2.47
PITCH_MOMENT_SCALE=0.00005
BANK_MOMENT_SCALE=0.00005
ROT_DRAG=(1.5,1.5,1.5)
WING_ASPECT=0
WING_EFFECTIVENESS=0
LAND_PT1=(0,-3.4,9)
LAND_PT2=(-4,-3.4,-5)
LAND_PT3=(4,-3.4,-5)
VISIBLE=1
CAMERA=(1.18,0.4,8.6)

[SOUND]
HOVER_THRUST=Sound\Vessel\SH3\SH3.wav
RCS_THRUST_ATTACK=Sound\Vessel\roll.wav
RCS_THRUST_SUSTAIN=Sound\Vessel\roll.wav

[AERODYNAMICS]
; lift/drag attack point of the vertical airfoil
VAIRFOIL_ATTACK=(0,0,-0.5)
; wing chord length of the vertical airfoil
VAIRFOIL_CHORD=1
; wing area of the vertical airfoil
VAIRFOIL_AREA=1
; wing aspect ratio of the vertical airfoil
VAIRFOIL_ASPECT=1
; lift/drag attack point of the horizontal airfoil
HAIRFOIL_ATTACK=(0,0,-4)
; wing chord length of the horizontal airfoil
HAIRFOIL_CHORD=1
; wing area of the horizontal airfoil
HAIRFOIL_AREA=1
; wing aspect ratio of the horizontal airfoil
HAIRFOIL_ASPECT=1
; surface area of aileron
AILERON_AREA=1
; lift change of aileron
AILERON_LIFT=1
; lift/drag attack point of left aileron (right aileron deduced by x -> -x
AILERON_ATTACK=(7,-0.5,-15)
; surface area of elevator
ELEVATOR_AREA=1
; lift change of elevator
ELEVATOR_LIFT=1
; lift/drag attack point of elevator
ELEVATOR_ATTACK=(0,0,-15)
; surface area of rudder
RUDDER_AREA=1
; lift change of rudder
RUDDER_LIFT=1
; lift/drag attack point of rudder
RUDDER_ATTACK=(0,3,-16)
; speed brake maximum drag change
SPEEDBRAKE_DRAG=1
; speed brake drag attack point
SPEEDBRAKE_ATTACK=(0,7.5,-14);

[ANIM_SEQ_0]
; landing gear
KEY=G
DURATION=6.7

[ANIM_SEQ_1]
; Rotors
KEY=K
DURATION=0.22
REPEAT=1

[ANIM_SEQ_2]
; Rear Door
KEY=0
DURATION=6.7

[ANIM_SEQ_3]
; Hook and lines
KEY=1
DURATION=3.3

[ANIM_COMP_0]
; front gear 
SEQ=0
GROUPS=67,68,69,70,71,72,73,74,227,228,229,230
RANGE=(0.1,0.9)
ROT_PNT=(0,-2.05,5.8)
ROT_AXIS=(1,0,0)
ANGLE=80

[ANIM_COMP_1]
; Main Rotor
SEQ=1
GROUPS=121,122,123,124,125,126,127,128,129,130
RANGE=(0,1)
ROT_PNT=(0,3,4)
ROT_AXIS=(0,1,0)
ANGLE=360.

[ANIM_COMP_2]
; Rear Rotor
SEQ=1
GROUPS=167,168,169,170,171,172,173,174,175,176,177,178,179,180,181,182,183,184,185,186,187
RANGE=(0,1)
ROT_PNT=(-1,1.52,-12.45)
ROT_AXIS=(1,0,0)
ANGLE=360.

[ANIM_COMP_3]
; Rear Door
SEQ=2
TYPE=TRANSLATE
GROUPS=232,233,234,235,346
RANGE=(0,1)
ROT_PNT=(0,0,0)
SHIFT=(0,0,1.7)
ANGLE=0

[ANIM_COMP_4]
; Line
SEQ=3
GROUPS=231
RANGE=(0,1)
TYPE=SCALE
SCALE0=(1,1,1)
SCALE=(1,13,1)
REF=(0,0.72,0)

[ANIM_COMP_5]
; Hook
SEQ=3
TYPE=TRANSLATE
GROUPS=75
RANGE=(0,1)
ROT_PNT=(0,0,0)
SHIFT=(0,-3.3,0)
ANGLE=0

[CHILD_ATTACH_0]
ID="H2OK"
POS=( 0,-3.451465,5.745959) ;
DIR=(0,0,-1) 
ROT=(0,1,0)
LOOSE= 0
RANGE=	1000000

[PARENT_ATTACH_0]
ID="B2SP"
POS=( -1.606,-1.75,5.25) port pos
DIR=(0,-1,0) ;port app direction
ROT=(0,0,1) ;longitudinal rot alignment vector
LOOSE= 0
RANGE=50

[PARENT_ATTACH_1]
ID="B2SP"
POS=(  1.894,-1.75,5.25) ; 0,-35,-3; -0.55,-33.5,-98.5 port pos
DIR=(0,-1,0) ;port app direction
ROT=(0,0,1) ;longitudinal rot alignment vector
LOOSE= 0
RANGE=50

which besides two pylons for the torpedoes already has the "hook" attachment for my carrier addon. Launch the torpedoes not hovering but moving the helo a little forward speed (10m/s) oriented to the presumed target location.

Last edited:

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry to post yet again! Having trouble adding pylons to other craft. I'm trying to arm the XR2 and XR5 by adding attachment points via their config files. Unfortunetly I can't seem to get any mesh viewers to work.
If anyone has succeeded and wouldn't mind sharing their config that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks y'all

Sorry for the looong delay but a .cfg file for the XR2 with lots of pylon points is in the v.98 package to be issued very soon.

As always I should advise you to backup the original for the case something goes wrong.

Rgds,

Beep

Last edited:

Nick_13

Reaction score
MFD and Scenario Broken

Can you Please Help me. The MFD and the Scenario of BombsightMFD is not Working. It Keeps Crashing the Whole Game.IDK why. Please help me..

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nick_13 thanks a lot for your interest and feedback.

1 First tell me:

1.1 Did you have an older version installed that was working?

1.2 Which Orbiter version you are using: 2016 or 2010?
This package is intended for Orbiter 2016

1.3 Are you using any graphics client such as running Orbiter_ng.exe with D3D9Client?
I have not fully tested in with clients so far because I think I must be sure everything works in native mode before taking the issues (see below) to D3D9 developers.

I have installed and "tested" the package in a clean D3D9 Orbiter 2016 install and despite some problems ( Frame rate too low in bombsight mode (annotations?), detected targets do not appear in ground radar ) , at least the scenarios load and do not crash. So it doesn't seem to be your problem.

2 Please make sure that:

2.1 You have set the 'ScriptMFD' and the 'LuaConsole' checkbox checked at the Modules section of Orbiter Launchpad.

2.3 You have entered the lines

MFD\BombsightMFD.cfg
MFD\GNDRadarMFD.cfg
MFD\ECMMFD.cfg
MFD\ASWMFD.cfg
MFD\CruisePathMFD.cfg

in the <Orbiter Folder>\config\MFD\ScriptMFD.cfg file and disabed all the others deleting them or commenting with a ';' at the beginning of the line. ( see my recomendations above and in the readme)

2.4 You have set 'MFD Refresh (sec)' at the Parameters section of Orbiter Launchpad to .1s

3 For testing purposes I recommend:

3.1 Run the sim in native graphics mode.

3.2 Try disabling any unnecessary modules (except 'ScriptMFD' and 'LuaConsole') at the Modules section and try running the scenarios. If it works then try reenabling the modules one by one to find the one that isn't yet compatible.

3.3 Let's settle for a specific scenario. Choose one and let's work with it.

Rgds,
Beep

Last edited:

Nick_13

Reaction score
Bombsight MFD Problem

Hello Can you Please Fix my Problem in the MFD. I Carefully Read the Instructions how to Install and Change the MFD And Unpacked the Files Right directly to their folders. But Everytime i Run the Scenario It Crashes. and Also the MFD. PLease Fix it asap

Nick_13

Reaction score

I have one of the Older Bombsight MFD but i accidentaly deleted the older version. now the latest update isn't working on me. And also i use Orbiter 2010.

I just want to have the Bombsight mfd intended to orbiter 2010 Do you have any copy of it. After That Problem Solved.

Thank You Beep.:thumbup:

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Any user looking for the old 2010 versions should look at

[ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7001"]https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7001[/ame]

But beware that since that release some important bugs were corrected.