Gaming Bottom left screen dissapears

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi all,

This has happened to me for a while. Every so often when i start up my computer the bottom left screen dissapears. Its still their but when i move my mouse on it it too dissapears.
It usually shows up for games but the result it different. The writing is messed up and 3D's meshes ect are their but hud data is gone. Some times it even shows for orbiter.

All the time it shows for battlefield 2142. Heres some pictures.
picture.php

All of the 3D's is their.

picture.php

Notice one kit is gone, er abilities gone and half of the writing gray.

Commander screen:
picture.php

All writing at the bottom left gray and some commands gone.

I would post more evidence but with other games it is not so common.

I am not sure if this is this appropriate place to put it but does anyone have any help.

Thanks Stevodoran,

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I don't have Battlefield 2142 to compare it to your example screenshots, so can you at least describe what is missing in Orbiter? And if it's possible, please try to capture a screenshot from Orbiter instead. Anyway, I'll continue like it was Orbiter.

In Orbiter, is it left MFD in glass cockpit, or a part of it, or only text written on it? Is 2D panel's bottom-left part disappearing as well, or a part of VC, or is it only a text displayed topmost which is disappearing?

What is your graphics card and operating system? Do you use some background programs that can display notifications in the place where you experience the issue?

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Their is no hud or mfd's in the bottom left corner even in 2D panels. Its actually still their but i cant see it.

My graphic card is a Media accelerator X3100 358mb.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
You haven't answered all my questions. While Intel GMA X3000 wasn't designed especially for games, it doesn't explain your issues, as other people have run Orbiter on it, but they haven't reported such problem. It's rather a software issue than hardware.

While this isn't strictly Orbiter problem, and you have provided much less information for it on Orbiter than on Battlefield 2142, I'm moving this thread to Off-Topic forum, as Hardware & Software is Orbiter Space Flight Simulator forum. You may get much more help there.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well with orbiter it is allot harder to get a pic for it happens less often. If i am in the vc and the mfd is at the bottom left its not their but if i move the camera so it is in the middle it back.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Do you have any programs installed on your computer that keep windows open in the lower-left-hand corner, or sometimes pop up windows there?

Failing that, do you have anything else at all running on your computer when this happens?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I haven't been asking now for Orbiter screenshots, but for some more details about your system and running applications.

{...} and operating system? Do you use some background programs that can display notifications in the place where you experience the issue?
I assume you have Windows Vista (Windows NT 6.0), but the rest is unanswered.

Last edited:

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I haven't been asking now for Orbiter screenshots, but for some more details about your system and running applications.

I assume you have Windows Vista (Windows NT 6.0), but the rest is unanswered.

Yes i have Windows vista, The only backround programs i would have running would be my Internet security.

Do you have any programs installed on your computer that keep windows open in the lower-left-hand corner, or sometimes pop up windows there?

Failing that, do you have anything else at all running on your computer when this happens?
As far as i know i have no popups.