News Chandrayaan-3

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I'm confused, do they mean 70 degrees Kelvin, not Centigrade. That from the English translation of the article.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
I'm confused, do they mean 70 degrees Kelvin, not Centigrade. That from the English translation of the article.
original article in Press Trust of India (written in Celsius)

I found the original temperature graph
77ff4283bfaf0844d43dbf0d780450df.jpeg

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am confused too... The article is behind a paywall, unfortunately. But what are we looking at here? If this was a shadow zone, the temperature would obviously have to be much lower. So it's in the sun. At which point I'd have expected the temperature to be much higher. Though it's the pole, so I guess the sun comes in a lot flatter. Still, the sunlit period would also be a lot longer, so it'll build up more heat, right?
So a 20 degrees C estimate intuitively seems much too low, except for early in the day maybe. Even the measured temperature of 70 doesn't seem very high. But of course I know almost nothing about the matter, while I'm sure the people who made that estimate know quite a lot. I'd just like to understand what they're going on. Can somebody explain to me what expected situation the original estimate was based on? Is it based on a specific time, considering how much sunlight there would have been received by the surface? Also, what is depth in that diagram? I would assume it's depth of the soil, but I'm confused by the scale going from negative to positive. Negative depth seems rather pointless if there's no atmosphere?

Yeah... confused just about says it, I guess.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think it is the repetition of the Apollo measurements, which measured the temperature gradients in the lunar soil.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
measurements of surface temperature (at depth) occur for the first time

Ivan Moiseev explained that data on the temperature of the surface of the moon is needed for the construction of the base in the future (to install the lunar base, you will have to dig to a depth like in the subway)
contract is drawn up with a strict division of duties China is an industrial giant (whatever it wants to do will be done)
for example, with a lunar excavator, something similar to a subway construction machine is supplied
View attachment 28726

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
Russian President Vladimir Putin and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Readiness to further develop bilateral cooperation in the space sector was confirmed