Important Chatbox removal & other site changes

Calsir

Reaction score
UPDATE - Well, I am pleased with the improvement we've seen so far. I've re-installed the chat box, but I made a few small changes.

The page loads quite fast, only the chatbox and the Latest Posts pane take about 5 seconds to load after page refresh.

Related: is there a way to put newest messages at the bottom rather than at the top? I could not find any post about it in the fora nor any option in the profile settings.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
My internet connection is slooooooow at the best of times, but I have noticed that O-F now loads MUCH, MUCH faster! :thumbup:

Thanks, Tex! :cheers:

-----

Also, has anyone else noticed that the box displaying user data on the left-hand side of posts has changed layout - usernames & avatars are now centred, instead of left-aligned.

Last edited:

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
On the topic of the forum, I actually quickly read that 'Register now' page (when viewed when not logged in) and it says

Compete with other members in our forum arcade.
What happened to the arcade? I never realized it went missing or is it still there, just hiding :hmm:

Edit:

Hey I just saw now our posts are now showing games we won in the arcade. That's new :)

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
The site do looks faster.
What about returning IRC link into the header, now that chatbox is gone?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
The chatbox isn't gone at all. It's only disabled by default, and can be enabled for ones that want it displayed.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
On the topic of the forum, I actually quickly read that 'Register now' page (when viewed when not logged in) and it says

What happened to the arcade? I never realized it went missing or is it still there, just hiding :hmm:

Edit:

Hey I just saw now our posts are now showing games we won in the arcade. That's new :)
The arcade is under the "Community" menu

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Related: is there a way to put newest messages at the bottom rather than at the top? I could not find any post about it in the fora nor any option in the profile settings.

Well we had a poll about this a long while ago and most liked it at the top so you don't have to scroll down the entire forum list on the home page to see the latest posts box. Maybe in the future I will make it possible for you guys to choose the top or bottom of the home page to display it.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the box displaying user data on the left-hand side of posts has changed layout - usernames & avatars are now centred, instead of left-aligned.

Good eye, yes I improved the postbit layout. Which skin are you using? The only one I wasn't totally satisfied with the center alignment was the vBulletin skin which doesn't wrap the content under your avatar in boxes.

As mentioned by orb you can enable/disable the chat box so it is still there, but disabled by default. Also there is a link to the IRC in the navbar 'Quick Links' menu of all skins. :thumbup:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Actually that's been there forever, but I think I forgot to add it to the vBulletin skin till now, so I guess that is the skin you're using. :p