Problem Clean Install of Orbiter, AAP Problem?

LTrotsky

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Working with clean, fresh install of Orbiter2010 to test the reliability of add-ons and add-ons in combination with each other. First test is the basic stability of the base install without any add-ons or changes to the default settings.

Ran application for approximately 12 hours without problems or crashes (left it on overnight). The test case involves a Earth-Moon transit and return with BB landing (a bit of a challenge even in a DG without any add-ons).

Issue : On de-orbit and re-entry earth I accidentally/on-purpose hit one of the buttons in the AAP box on the lower panel. I assume this stands for attitude autopilot. The vessel is now attempting to "correct attitude" using the elevators and there doesn't seem to be any way to turn this off, making re-entry and landing virtually impossible. Has anyone seen or noticed this? Is there a solution?

The app is running with all the default settings on a clean install - exception = switched to running full screen; damage box checked, all peturbations boxes checked.

Interstellar Planet

Cosmic Voyager
Reaction score
I think that pressing the killrot button will end all autopilots.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot that that only works on the Delta Glider IV. You should just be able to hit the altitude button in the AAP box again to stop it. I don't know why that wouldn't work.

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Issue : On de-orbit and re-entry earth I accidentally/on-purpose hit one of the buttons in the AAP box on the lower panel. I assume this stands for attitude autopilot. The vessel is now attempting to "correct attitude" using the elevators and there doesn't seem to be any way to turn this off, making re-entry and landing virtually impossible. Has anyone seen or noticed this? Is there a solution?

Can you show a screenshot of this 'AAP' box please?

LTrotsky

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
AAP stands atmospheric autopilot used for long cruises within earth's atmosphere < 15km alt. Pro/retrograde, normal/anitinormal, horizon level and killrot are default attitude autopilots for on orbit operations.

I'm not familiar with transX which is part of orbiter but maybe ithas some attitude AP on (since you were returning from the moon).

LTrotsky

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
AAP stands atmospheric autopilot used for long cruises within earth's atmosphere < 15km alt. Pro/retrograde, normal/anitinormal, horizon level and killrot are default attitude autopilots for on orbit operations.

I'm not familiar with transX which is part of orbiter but maybe ithas some attitude AP on (since you were returning from the moon).

Yes the other autopilots you mentioned work fine: the AAP autopilots have a different function, as you mentioned, and in addition these functions can be called up by TerminalMFD and various parameters set for them. Problem is that clicking on the AAP buttons in the box sets the relevant autopilot to work, but it can't then be shut off. Using the same functions within the TerminalMFD there is a feature to "end" the autopilot and that termination works okay.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I cannot confirm this as all AAPs work correctly in my install (2010-P1) - I can engage, set params and disengage them without problem using only panel buttons (both in inline and d3d9 client)

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

AAP is written as LUA script so maybe Terminal MFD interferes somehow with panel.