Question complete Shuttle Fleet

clickypens

Orbinauta
Reaction score
I've recently just gotten good at getting the default Atlantis to the ISS, and so I wanted to try it out with a better shuttle, and I picked Shuttle Fleet just to see what it was like. I went to orbithangar, but there are about a million and a half files for Shuttle Fleet, expansion packs, ISS Fleet, fixes, Hi-Res, Lo-Res, and everything else. Some of it specifies the order, some of it doesn't.

If I want a complete Shuttle Fleet installation (let's say Lo/Medium-Res), what do I download, and in what order?

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3730"]Shuttle Fleet V4.1.5 FULL Package[/ame]

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3744"]Shuttle Fleet V4.1.9 (SP2)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3676"]ISS Fleet V2.1.0[/ame]

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2821"]Med-res Kennedy Space Center[/ame]

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3846"]STS Expansion Pack V4.1.8 (Special Edition)[/ame]

Those are the base packages. Those are mandatory.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You download this file:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3846"]STS Expansion Pack V4.1.8 (Special Edition)[/ame]

And you follow the instructions contained in the "Setup Doc" folder. Specifically, you follow this instructions contained in the document attached.

Attachments

• ExpansionPackSetupV4.1.8SP.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 39

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

EXCEPT, that without the required third-party add-ons listed in the setup document for the Expansion Pack, many of the ISS scenarios will CTD because of missing items. Follow the instructions I have posted for ALL the necessary add-ons. This list alone will NOT work.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

I've recently just gotten good at getting the default Atlantis to the ISS, and so I wanted to try it out with a better shuttle, and I picked Shuttle Fleet just to see what it was like. I went to orbithangar, but there are about a million and a half files for Shuttle Fleet, expansion packs, ISS Fleet, fixes, Hi-Res, Lo-Res, and everything else. Some of it specifies the order, some of it doesn't.

If I want a complete Shuttle Fleet installation (let's say Lo/Medium-Res), what do I download, and in what order?

If you just want JUST the Shuttle Fleet, these two add-ons are all you need:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3730"]Shuttle Fleet V4.1.5 FULL Package[/ame]

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3744"]Shuttle Fleet V4.1.9 (SP2)[/ame]

these two alone will give you the Shuttle Fleet (without all the expansion pack items...)

clickypens

Orbinauta
Reaction score
If you just want JUST the Shuttle Fleet, these two add-ons are all you need:

Shuttle Fleet V4.1.5 FULL Package

Shuttle Fleet V4.1.9 (SP2)

these two alone will give you the Shuttle Fleet (without all the expansion pack items...)

Alright, thanks a lot, but that's just it, I want the expansion packs as well. Is the ISS Fleet the same as Shuttle Fleet (as in, do I get SF and then ISSF and then can do the missions?) You mention third-party addons, what would those be? Ideally, I'd like to have as much SF-related addons as possible, bases payloads, everything.

Does Shuttle Fleet do hypothetical missions? Like certain payloads that have been cancelled? Vandenberg? ISS modules that are unnecessary or out-of-budget?

Thanks for your help, David

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Download the zip I attached to the first post I made and read the pdf file. It lists ALL of the necessary files AND the order to install them. Once you have an installation that has all those add-ons and is working, then you can continue with downloading the STS-125 and STS-127 expansion packages. But first, READ the pdf file I attached for the necessary add-ons and their installation order. ON A CLEAN ORBITER INSTALLATION TOO! Just Orbiter and Orbitersound (v3.5). Please, read the file first, it will explain everything you need.

clickypens

Orbinauta
Reaction score
Okay, I just read that document, and it cleared pretty much everything up.

I still want to know about Edwards AFB (and Vandenberg would be nice, but isn't necessary) and flights later than STS-126. Do I just download the mission-specific expansion pack? Sorry for being so dense about all this, and thanks a ton for all your help.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
One step at a time my friend...

Okay, I just read that document, and it cleared pretty much everything up.

I still want to know about Edwards AFB (and Vandenberg would be nice, but isn't necessary) and flights later than STS-126. Do I just download the mission-specific expansion pack? Sorry for being so dense about all this, and thanks a ton for all your help.

Let's get everything loaded that I've discussed so far, then we'll go from there. By the way, Vandenberg (and Edwards) are installed in the main expansion pack, and you can update Edwards (and White Sands) too. But that's a later step, first just create an installation as has been previously discussed.

clickypens

Orbinauta
Reaction score
Oh okay. I still haven't installed yet (not at my computer). If I have any more questions, I'll let ya know. Thanks a ton, man.

Genesis27

Reaction score
Hi David413, I hope you don't mind me contacting you like this, but I was wondering if you could help me at all...I have loaded the files that you recommended (Shuttle Fleet, Shuttle Fleet SP2...and also the Medium Res KSC...)...but now when I try to run scenarios....I just have a shuttle standing upright with no launch pad !..any idea why this might be??

Thanks David...my email address is [email protected]

Kind regards, Trevor

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
He'll most likely ask you to post your scenario, to see if that may be the problem.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Hi David413, I hope you don't mind me contacting you like this, but I was wondering if you could help me at all...I have loaded the files that you recommended (Shuttle Fleet, Shuttle Fleet SP2...and also the Medium Res KSC...)...but now when I try to run scenarios....I just have a shuttle standing upright with no launch pad !..any idea why this might be??

Kind regards, Trevor
I have had this problem before. I think it has something to do with repositioning the pads or the spacecraft.

Sideshow

Reaction score

Kind regards, Trevor

One thing to make sure of is that you are loading the scenarios from the "Shuttle Fleet V4.1.8" folder and not the "Shuttle Fleet V4.1.5" folder. The 4.1.8 folder scenarios include the launch pads while the 4.1.5 scenarios do not.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Kind regards, Trevor

Two PM postings and an Email, plus this post and in all of those contacts, you've given me insufficient information to troubleshoot this issue. Donamy is correct, without at least the a scenario posting, I have no idea what the problem might be. Other than the possibility that you haven't followed the provided instructions and loaded the correct files and add-ons. Sorry, but I can't help you with this...