News COVID-19 pandemic

What will happen after the Corona epidemic?

• The population of Asia will be reduced, accelerating the sustainable development.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • The major civilizations will collapse.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • The human race will end.

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mahdavi3d

Reaction score
:facepalm:

[ame]https://twitter.com/thedailyshow/status/1276172320965636099[/ame]

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Its really sad to see - this might look like a plot, but it actually represents human lives.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
"We locked down for two months and nothing happened!"

<opens up completely>

"See, nothing to worry about!"

<two weeks later>

"Who knew exponentials grew so fast?"

:facepalm:

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Almost 9k new cases in Florida today. Universal and Sea World are open, with Disney World still on track to open next month. Hold on to your butts!

MaxBuzz

Reaction score

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Most states in Oz have had no local transmission for a number of days (or the odd one)

However there is now a significant outbreak in Victoria. There have been 20-40 cases everyday for the past week. Hopefully it drops soon, but might require the reintroduction of restrictions. I'd imagine that will be sometime next week if the numbers don't stablise.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
So, The UK Government has announced extending the lock down in my local area. It should have been done last week when the test rate went up. And local politicians have been attacking each other over the situation, Why do we keep voting useless self centered people into office at any level. How is one meant to job hunt in a lock down...

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
... How is one meant to job hunt in a lock down...
Well, what kind of jobs are needed in a pandemic? Do you bring your own shovel?

In spain the job situation right now is bad. But it´s normal, as the country was 'paused', allowing only essential jobs to be performed, and other ones, be done from home.

In my case, I was fired. But I was fired from a bad company, so I am moreless "happy" as now I can seek for another, better job. Why I didn´t quit earlier is another story...

But job offers are freezed, so we have to wait for some weeks, maybe until september the activity of job offers will not return.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
In spain the job situation right now is bad. But it´s normal, as the country was 'paused', allowing only essential jobs to be performed, and other ones, be done from home.

In my case, I was fired. But I was fired from a bad company, so I am moreless "happy" as now I can seek for another, better job. Why I didn´t quit earlier is another story...

But job offers are freezed, so we have to wait for some weeks, maybe until september the activity of job offers will not return.

Just got the statistic that 52.4% of all employees in my other hometown Wolfsburg are on reduced workhours, mostly because VW reduced their production a lot in the past weeks and thus all suppliers and other service providers are now forced to reduce as well.

Yeah, a bad time to switch jobs, but not impossible. It just depends on finding those companies, that are keeping the economic running. We also see the same with our customers - while the classic automobile market is going down, other IT and teleworking related topics are going up and can even be top strategy priority for some companies.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
Well, what kind of jobs are needed in a pandemic? Do you bring your own shovel?
I'm not sure I understood the degeneration correctly "Do you bring your own shovel?" but some industry companies on the contrary, they began to raise their turnover at the time of the pandemic
my company will have to start from scratch

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
macVsog I took it to mean that grave diggers are always needed, Also local Undertakers currently have a lighter work load than normal and are not hireing I've called them already.
My problem is that if I get an interview I cant go until the lockdown is eased, and that is even if they are doing any recruitment.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
macVsog I took it to mean that grave diggers are always needed, Also local Undertakers currently have a lighter work load than normal and are not hireing I've called them already.

Exactly that is what I meant there.

Of course, construction sites also keep on working since most contracts there had been signed before COVID-19.

Keatah

Reaction score
To me it seems like early on in the US that everyone was trying to save face and not take it seriously enough. You know, keep the all-important economy going at all costs no matter what. No politician wanted to see people running around in face masks and all that.

Seemed everyone here was afraid of a little butt-hurt shutdown. Everything should've shut down. Then the virus wouldn't have anywhere to go except fall to the ground and disintegrate.

But no!! Now look where we are..

Status
Not open for further replies.