New Release D3D9Client Development

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
...but (as my other post few days ago)...

Sorry, I must have missed that post.. But anyway, there exists an error condition with the "old style" MFDs and the first MFD update cycle is skipped. There's no clean solution to fix it. Should not happen with Orbiter Beta.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Using 16.1 and there is an issue with the animation in SF ET umbilical doors. This was a bug I remember happening many builds ago, where when the ET is jettisoned the doors snap from the open position to the closed position, and when I trigger the animation to also stow the MPS (which seems to be working normally), the doors then rotated into the orbiter.

Eduard

Reaction score
Before I forget to say it: R16.2 is working very well. With this update Orbiter 2010 is beter then ever. MFD problems are gone indeed.

But there is something to notice, not really a problem, rather something funny, but maybe good to know:
When using Deltaglider IV vessel, and showing it's most lower 2D panel, pushing the down-arrowkey now results into the panel to be "stretched out" instead of it to move up, (ok, it's already a bit weird that this can be done indeed).

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Tested 16.2 just now with a Shuttle Fleet launch, with the ISS 3.2 automatic launch sequence, and when the SRBs separate the ET umbilical doors switch from open to shut.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Rev 21B External DX9 MFD does not not work, Orbiter crashes with Assertion failed, D3D9Surface.cpp Line:1280, Expression: false.

The Camera and Display button do not work, I can't remember them ever working.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Tested 16.2 just now with a Shuttle Fleet launch, with the ISS 3.2 automatic launch sequence, and when the SRBs separate the ET umbilical doors switch from open to shut.
Thanks, I found the old fix from SVN.

Attachments

• D3D9ClientR16_3.zip
    891.3 KB · Views: 11

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Rev 21B External DX9 MFD does not not work, Orbiter crashes with Assertion failed, D3D9Surface.cpp Line:1280, Expression: false.
The Camera and Display button do not work, I can't remember them ever working.

The ExtMFD issue will be fixed from the next release. What buttons ? The ones in the main toolbar ? They should be working fine, although, I haven't tested the "true" full-screen mode for ages. I am running the Orbiter in a full-screen window.

Ok, just tested and they are working fine in all three modes in Orbiter Beta. So, what's the problem ?

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The ExtMFD issue will be fixed from the next release. What buttons ? The ones in the main toolbar ? They should be working fine, although, I haven't tested the "true" full-screen mode for ages. I am running the Orbiter in a full-screen window.

Ok, just tested and they are working fine in all three modes in Orbiter Beta. So, what's the problem ?

Camera and Display do not for me, if it works for you then likely it is an issue on my end, I wonder if others have the same problem.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks, I found the old fix from SVN.

Yes this fixed the animation issue, but something strange has popped up with this one, and it is something I have never seen before so no clue what is going on. The OBSS is flipping around the attachment points at rapid speed.

I also check out my space station in orbit and the URMS is just flailing around, it is quite a sight to see.

lff7I0V.jpg

JUI446T.jpg

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes this fixed the animation issue, but something strange has popped up with this one, and it is something I have never seen before so no clue what is going on. The OBSS is flipping around the attachment points at rapid speed.

Can you confirm that this is a new issue and does not occur in 16.2 ?

I have SF 4.8 installed, is the problem re-producible with it ? how ?

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

I think I found it. Just tested ISS A to Z and solar panels are rotating like propellers.:lol:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Can you confirm that this is a new issue and does not occur in 16.2 ?

I have SF 4.8 installed, is the problem re-producible with it ? how ?

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

I think I found it. Just tested ISS A to Z and solar panels are rotating like propellers.:lol:

Yeah it is only a 16.3 issue, I have JSGME in my Orbiter install and I flipped around between the various 16 releases and then back to 12, only 16.3 exhibited the dancing to the rhythm behavior lol

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
That should be fixed now.

Attachments

• D3D9ClientR16_4.zip
    891.5 KB · Views: 47

Eduard

Reaction score
Before I forget to say it: R16.2 is working very well. With this update Orbiter 2010 is beter then ever. MFD problems are gone indeed.

But there is something to notice, not really a problem, rather something funny, but maybe good to know:
When using Deltaglider IV vessel, and showing it's most lower 2D panel, pushing the down-arrowkey now results into the panel to be "stretched out" instead of it to move up, (ok, it's already a bit weird that this can be done indeed).
And now I see the upper panel has the same thing, when pressing down, really funny.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Jarmo,

it seems you forgot to add "Textures/D3D9MicroRot.dds"
(needed since r512 in trunk rsp. r518 in Experiments-branch)

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi Jarmo,

it seems you forgot to add "Textures/D3D9MicroRot.dds"
(needed since r512 in trunk rsp. r518 in Experiments-branch)

Ok, thanks. It's now added.

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

And now I see the upper panel has the same thing, when pressing down, really funny.

I am not able to reproduce that. Is anyone else getting that ?

Eduard

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. It's now added.I am not able to reproduce that. Is anyone else getting that ?

Oh, and now think already I see why you didn't reproduce!:
I work with an important change of a setting: I have set the Panel scale to 2. *
When setting it back to 1, the panel does not stretch out and works normally.

* This setting change needs to be done as a work around for addons like the XR vessels and DG IV to work correctly with my screen resolution 3840x2160: these vessels do not really automatically scale their panel and their maximum size fits a 1920x1080 monitor, so it looks to small on my monitor by default.
That's a stupid issue, because the normal Deltaglider looks very bad with Panel scale 2, it's double in size. I need to switch out of Orbiter and change the setting back if I want to switch to between the different types of vessels.

Last edited: