Update Deepstar development

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Uploaded Level 15 surface tiles for the Marineris base to Orbiter Hangar.

It's pending moderation :)
https://www.orbithangar.com/showAddon.php?id=ef8052b3-8bc8-4f42-8a7e-8740f475de71

deepstar%20marineris%20lv15%20surface.png

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Hi here ! I apologize, i haven't been able to make anything serious on Orbiter since a long time. At least my question brought something interesting for others... I hope to be back in Space soon. Sorry guys ! :confused:

E69shango

Reaction score
Anyway to find this must have ship for Orbiter 2010?, I´m unable to find it anywhere. I lost many archives and I am trying to remake my old orbiter 2010 installation. Orbiter 2016 is missing too many addons now.

predattak

Reaction score
Anyway to find this must have ship for Orbiter 2010?, I´m unable to find it anywhere. I lost many archives and I am trying to remake my old orbiter 2010 installation. Orbiter 2016 is missing too many addons now.
Try this one, i don't remember if it works with 2010 (i stopped using it years ago) but i think so.

Attachments

• Deepstar2.1.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 16

yitianetie

Reaction score
Hi,

Great quality addon !

Just two notes :
1. The moon rover is also great to use. But could we add some headlights (maybe, I have not seen the option) ? It could be useful while using the rover on the darkside of a terristrial planet/moon...
2. Do you plan to implement oxygen management, like in XR fleet addons ?

Warmest regards

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
Hi,

Great quality addon !

Just two notes :
1. The moon rover is also great to use. But could we add some headlights (maybe, I have not seen the option) ? It could be useful while using the rover on the darkside of a terristrial planet/moon...
2. Do you plan to implement oxygen management, like in XR fleet addons ?

Warmest regards

Salut yitianetie,

Sorry I missed your post. The Rovers use Fred's GeneralVehicle module so you can use the standard GV commands. In this case you can control the lights with [CTRL] + [L].

There are no plans for oxygen management simulation but I have been working on an update with Abdullah who has thrown some coding magic at my models :) .

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Good to hear work is continuing. Amazing addon.

I haven't had much time for Orbiter (at least non-NASSP Orbiter) but when I do, I'm going to do some more flights with it. Already been to Mars and back and that was fun.

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
Version 3.1 is released!:

I'm quite proud of this collaboration. Abdullah has done a lot of work on code for this release. Thanks too, to all the community members who helped.

Here's the change list from the manual, hopefully nothing left out unknowingly ...

Version 3.1 for Orbiter 2016 by 80mileshigh and Abdullah Radwan. September 2021.

Code: Custom C++ modules by Abdullah Radwan, GeneralVehicle, UCSO.

Changes: Complete conversion of SC4 configs to C++ by Abdullah with major improvements:

Deepstar RCS coded to mesh positions.

All vessels RCS balanced.

Docking RCS mode for Deepstar, lander and aerolander.

Deepstar forward dock only available when open.

Docking floodlight available when forward dock activated

Aerolander dock only available when payload bay doors open.

Aerolander hover engines only available when hover doors open.

Aerolander aerodynamic model based on shape.

Aerolander control surfaces custom coded.

UCSO integration for Deepstar, lander and aerolander with custom payloads.

Touchdown points and forced land status under 2m/s coded for landers / aerolanders.

Fully active virtual cockpits (full MFD, HUD and Autopilot control) with view switching in landers and aerolanders.

XRSound integration via Dynamic XRSound with custom sounds.

RCS on Deepstar command section modelled.

New texture for Deepstar name.

Virtual Cockpits remodelled with HUD and autopilot buttons.

Aerolander airbrake modelled and new textures for control surface / landing gear wells.

Mars base configurations adapted to hi-res texture / terrain using Predattak’s locations.

Vessel images for Orbiter scenario editor.

D3D9 ‘Metalness’ shader profiles.

Added Huygens Station lunar base

New Lander mesh with docking viewports.

Vessels: Deepstar, 2 landers, 2 aerolanders (+ Spacehabs), 3 orbital stations, 4 orbital propellant depots, 2 Probes, 2 rovers, UCSO inflatable habitat, UCSO kilopower reactor, UCSO rover.

Bases: Huygens Station (Moon), Gusev Crater and Vallis Marineris (Mars), Stickney Crater (Phobos) Vesta, Ganymede, Titan and Triton.

Scenarios: 62

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Hello !
I need to say THANK YOU for this awesome addon's update. My lunar mission will start as soon as i finish this post.
One thing to ask : will it be possible to catch an astronaut somewhere ? I mean, having an astronaut as to "walk" on the visited planets ? Maybe in another addon ? Not as realistic as an Ummu, but just a character to spawn (via Scn editor or .scn file) beside the landers ? Yes, i like role-playing ! ;)

Again, thanx a lot for this work, to everyone involved. :cheers::hailprobe:

Last edited: