Deltaglider AAP characters are INVISIBLE

omarhulm

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm quite new in this simulator. I'm an amateur astronomer from Hungary. My problem is with relation with the DG "AAP" autopilot in the newest Orbiter BETA. The AAP works well but the numbers you adjust (hdg, alt, spd) are INVISIBLEs.
For example I turn on the altitude AAP and change number with the button below the "place of the numbers that is completely dark" the plane is beginning to ascend or descend. Also the analog compass on the 2d cockpit is rotating when I click on the HDG button on the AAP, but the AAP HDG display is dark too.
Another thing: The "Terminal MFD" autopilot is running an I write the command "aap.Alt (5000), the MFD understand the command but is not doing anything.
Do you have any IDEA to solve this problem. In the 2010 version everything is fine.

2010_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

2015_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forums! :welcome:

Second, remember, the version you are using is a beta. Problems can be expected (and some developers hope for, as it helps to find where the program is broken, or can be broken). That being said, take a look at this article http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17071

It'll bring up some things to keep in mind when asking for help on an Orbiter issue. I typically only start looking at upgrading to the beta versions as it gets the name change over to Release Candidate. Maybe a bit earlier to see what addons do and do not work with the new version.

Orbiter 2010 P1 is the current gold standard, while all the newest candy is being worked on in the beta (and it certainly looks marvelous), it's still a beta.

Last edited:

omarhulm

Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forums! :welcome:

Second, remember, the version you are using is a beta. Problems can be expected (and some developers hope for, as it helps to find where the program is broken, or can be broken). That being said, take a look at this article http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17071

It'll bring up some things to keep in mind when asking for help on an Orbiter issue. I typically only start looking at upgrading to the beta versions as it gets the name change over to Release Candidate. Maybe a bit earlier to see what addons do and do not work with the new version.

Orbiter 2010 P1 is the current gold standard, while all the newest candy is being worked on in the beta (and it certainly looks marvelous), it's still a beta.

It's OK thanks for your answer. I just wanted to know that every beta user have the same issue with the DG AAP. I'm waiting for the new full Orbiter. :tiphat: