OHM Design Reference Mission 1 v1.4

wizardchris

Greater Wizard of Orbs
Donator
Reaction score
Website
gallery.me.com
Great work, giving us finally the realization of the old dream: Living on Mars!

My computer tells me the nanedivalley.msh ist missing. Seems it is not included in the package. How can I get it or did i just miss something?

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Sorry for the dumb question. Reading the quick guide always helps, so I will rember to read first and ask questions later.

For everyone else who didnt read the documentation, the valley is found at:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2922"]Nanedi Valles Terrain[/ame]

rdb12340

Reaction score
Attaching Landers to Velcro Rockets

Hey markp,

Excellent add-on, I've downloaded every version of this add-on so far and they keep getting better and better.

I was wondering how I could go about launching the cargo landers (with or without the aeroshells) on a velcro rocket? I have been having a hard time finding the right mesh to go with the right config.

If anyone can help me with this let me know please.

Thank you,
-RDB12340

markp

Reaction score
Hi, the aeroshell mesh itself is called chute2+aero.msh. This is used by all the landers and is located in the meshes subfolder called MLVtesting.

Haven't used Velcro rockets but am planning eventually to make a launcher based on info in NASAs DRM1 document so cargo can be loaded on at Earth.

Mark

rdb12340

Reaction score
Thank you markp, for your quick response.

I am looking forward to your next release, and the launcher for which you speak, this is an incredible add-on, keep up the good work.

Thank you,
-RDB12340

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
I did it test short and found 2 bugs:
1)The Landers in the marsorbit-scenarios have no thrust. The tanks are full and i can hear the engine-burn but 0 N thrust available, in manual mode and autopilot.
2)If i load scenarios where the lander is on the way, after parachute jettison the habitat-lander is running out of fuel at 230m altitude and crashes. Short before it increased it's thrust level strongly for holding altitude.

Last edited:

markp

Reaction score
Axel, thanks for reporting the bugs. These kind of tests are always welcome because I can make some simple adjustments to the addon to make it more friendly for people using it for the first time.

1. Pressing N will open the engine doors and then the thrust is available. Looks like I didn't include the key (n) for opening the engine doors in the quick start part of the manual. It can be found on p16 in the tutorial though. Willl update the quick start section for the next version.

2. I expect the reason for the hold altitude at 230 m is because the autopilot has the base Aram selected as its target which is too far away. The autopilot still thinks it can reach it and calculates a "glide path" to the base which is very shallow so it appears to be hovering but is really slowly descending. Targets can be selected manually but for the next version I might add a line in the scenario to pass the target to the autopilot when the scenario loads.