DIASA Session #1-Spaceflight

Nazban

Reaction score
Hello to all :tiphat:
In my previous blog post, I told everyone about the project I started in my school, a 'sort' of VSA called the DIA Space Administration (DIASA). We had our intro session last week and today we had our first spaceflight session!

The enthusiasm from some of the students is great!! On the first day of using orbiter they have grasped on how it works and how to do basic rotational and translational maneuvers in orbit, and we also used the Atlantis Final Approach base-file scenario and we got some exited new orbinauts on their first successful landing!:thumbup:

Of course, this is all right now part of the training sessions, so the actual missions wont start until we got a fair number of students who are confident and prepared. Already I had to give my usb and give a link out to every to download Orbiter 2010 as they wanted to practice themselves at home. I will continue to keep you all updated on how this works out, but so far, it seems to be off to a good start!!:cheers:

Due to time restraints however, we have to alternate every Monday between our Spaceflight Branch(orbiter) and our Martian Research Project(MSIP, see earlier blog post). So next week will be our first Martian Research Session.

Thanks for reading, and see you all next week!!:cheers:

Nazban D.
DIASA Administrator & Founder

Lord Wasteland

Orbinaut
Reaction score
May I advise trying to coordinate an entire OMP session on the weekend? Thusly you would have everyone flying at once.

Nazban

Reaction score
That is a good idea, but I'm not that familiar with OMP. Thats a good idea though, ill look into it if its possible.