Gaming Digital Combat Simulator Thread

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Well, when a new architecture debuts the n-tier card has generally comparable performance to the previous n+1 tier card (even though the 2060 seems to be quite a bit more expensive than the 1060, but that's another story) that also leads to the newer (slightly) cheaper card having the same performance while using less power.

Or you can stay on the same tier and have more performance for roughly the same power.

One must keep in mind though that Nvidia increased the prices quite a bit this time around.

On a side note: on a stream I've seen that the F-14 appears to have the dump-and-burn modeled:
bxa8oCm.jpg

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Turns out that the Abu Dhabi track was added to the Persian Gulf map. :)

Attachments

• Screen_190122_210028.jpg
    Screen_190122_210028.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen_190122_205922.jpg
    Screen_190122_205922.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 20

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Prepare your wallets and your minds, people... The Tomcat is almost here!

[ame="http://youtu.be/4XtH_X-vHJI"]DCS: F-14 - Ambush! - COMING MARCH 13! - YouTube[/ame]

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I ll have to prepare my wallet once and for all and get a brand new PC since I already have the Hornet in the hangar but my rig can’t run it at decent FPS. Once I ve drained my bank account I ll ask Jester for a ride :p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Same here... same here... about 4 months to go until I have saved the money for a replacement notebook without compromising the budget plan for getting a German coastal sailing license...

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
And just to add more hype, they dropped this video this morning...

[ame="http://youtu.be/P_FCuMAl8oA"]DCS: F-14 - LAUNCH TRAILER - This is War - YouTube[/ame]

lhjhbB9.gif

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Same here... same here... about 4 months to go until I have saved the money for a replacement notebook without compromising the budget plan for getting a German coastal sailing license...

Ditto.

Maybe next year.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
So what is the ad advantage of the RTX series versus GTX, if any?

RTX has the Ray Tracing (so far only available on two games) as well as DLSS. Beyond that its the only real upgrade from the GTX 10xx family as AMD just doesn't seem to want to compete right now (which is the reason RTX is so frickin expensive.) Also I'm not sure what you can find any of the GTX 10xx cards for right now, as all the ones I was looking for when I upgraded last time were more expensive than their RTX counterparts :facepalm:. In the end I ended up getting a 2080ti black edition as it was cheaper than any 1080ti I could find.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sorry, but I just want to hear "Danger Zone" with one of those videos. :yes:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
The Tomcat may be released only tomorrow, but Meteor's original soundtrack for the module is available today. :)
It is?
:leaving:

EDIT: Finally got home and found it... My God. It's GLORIOUS.
http://meteormusic.bandcamp.com/album/defender-of-the-fleet-heatblur-f-14-original-soundtrack

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Also, Heatblur's previous product is still freaking fantastic, as the gang over on the SVT server clearly prove in their latest video...
And let's face it... you couldn't pick a better soundtrack than a Swedish hair metal band covering ABBA. :lol:

Last edited:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Holy crap that was awesome.

The SVT team doesn't do bad DCS vids...

[ame="http://youtu.be/VePvw2n3bQk"]DCS Movie: Call Mirage - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://youtu.be/ws4tCaqN0Ys"]DCS World Movie: Kickstart my Fighterjet - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://youtu.be/C50OHOlLhnM"]DCS World Clip: Big Formation#=vJAG= - YouTube[/ame]

Can't wait to see what they do with the Tomcat.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Hello:
515unbK.jpg

After the startup procedure and an uneventful takeoff:
IsqRBnA.jpgg

When refueling putting the wings in "bomb" mode (like it was actually done) makes things a lot easier:
Hb7iERj.jpg

sCRVRQV.jpg

On final approach with Direct Lift Control enabled:
rQS3lT5.jpg

On the ground:
t3vLtwf.jpg

After a 1.5 hour testflight which included only a strafing run as far as weapons employment is concerned, I can see how the real aircraft requried a two-man crew: even basic flying really demans concentration on the part of the pilot, so having out helpful backseater Jester really pays off.

To be honest I was a bit afraid that the interaction with the AI RIO would be clunky, but this really doesn't seem to be the case.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I am thinking of the idea to pick up a second hand 1080 which was used for mining.

The idea is that these cards are more valuable than you might expect from a second hand card. To the best of my knowledge, all electronic parts suffer mostly from expansion and shrinking when they heat up and cool down when turned on and off. The cards used by miners have been running more or less permanently. So they have fewer of these cycles.

Does this idea make any sense?

Are you still looking for a 1080?