General Question Dimensions of a CBM

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
hey all

im trying to accurately model a CBM for some space station modules, but i can't find any dimensioned diagrams of the CBM construction, as anyone managed to dig up any such detail in their own research?

the best i have so far is this, a specification sheet for the ISS's cupola, giving an overall diameter of the CBM as 2,025mm (rather realistic i figure), but no information about the internal diameter or the size of the opening

elsewhere i read that it is 50 inches in diameter, which is clearly too small (1,270mm, about the same width as the minimum passage in house construction for a human to pass through comfortably)

otherwise, has anyone given an accurate model anywhere? i can convert another MSH to 3DS to adapt in sketchup to the level of detail i need (i dont care for copying geometry, just dimensions)

thanks all!

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
As far as I know 2.25 is the diameter of the cupola itself most of the figures I've seen put the diameter of the CBM collar at 1.8 - 2m with an internal diameter of 1.6m The square hatch in the center is 127 cm on a side.

Opps seems I was ninjaed by orb

Last edited: