General Question Does Orbiter 2010 have Generic Camera?

Genesis

Reaction score
Hi Orbinauts, just a quick question.. I notice in Orbiter 2016 there is a Generic Camera in modules that you can enable in the launchpad... But I also use Orbiter 2010 and notice it is not showing in modules. Does anyone know if this is new for 2016 version?

Genesis

Reaction score
Hiya, I do use Orbiter 2016 but I miss using Dan Steph's DGIV and Wideawake International which isn't compatible with 2016 so I use 2010. Just can't see the Generic Camera option in there

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
IIRC, Generic Camera is a feature of the D3D9 client for Orbiter 2016.

@N_Molson, We should not judge what version of Orbiter users choose to use. If folks using other Orbiter versions besides 2016 bothers you, don’t answer the thread!

FYI, I still use 2010 as well, I enjoy deep space work with the Arrow.

Genesis

Reaction score
Hi @Max-Q , thank you for your reply...that was what I was thinking..seems like it is something that turned up in 2016 version....thought I might be missing it, but makes sense now...I've seen an add on called Camera MFD, so might take a look at that ...might now work as I think it was for 2006...but no harm in trying...it's just that I liked the Generic camera when I was docking to the ISS...looked great on one of the MFDs as I was <100 metres from docking....yeah, I do like 2010 as well...seem a lot more stable to be honest....thanks again guys

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi @Max-Q , thank you for your reply...that was what I was thinking..seems like it is something that turned up in 2016 version....thought I might be missing it, but makes sense now...I've seen an add on called Camera MFD, so might take a look at that ...might now work as I think it was for 2006...but no harm in trying...it's just that I liked the Generic camera when I was docking to the ISS...looked great on one of the MFDs as I was <100 metres from docking....yeah, I do like 2010 as well...seem a lot more stable to be honest....thanks again guys

Orbiter 2016 is not "less stable", I can guarantee that... Sorry to do some "fact checking". It is not going to crash unless you install incompatible addons.

llarian

Reaction score
DanSteph stqted quite a while ago that he would not update his addons until an "official" stable release of 2016 had been made. Since than he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth, his fspassengers included. Dgatsoulis, i believe has done an Arrow update for 2016 (search the forums). Pretty much makes the point to a facetious comment.

beachboyben

Reaction score
I see! Well since the DG-IV is my go-to craft, I’ll stick with 2010. That and my PC had a meltdown when I tried to install 2016 on it! Must say I’m in awe at how much Orbiter has captured my heart - I’ve been playing it since I was a mere 8 year-old!

JayCee

Reaction score
Hi Orbinauts, just a quick question.. I notice in Orbiter 2016 there is a Generic Camera in modules that you can enable in the launchpad... But I also use Orbiter 2010 and notice it is not showing in modules. Does anyone know if this is new for 2016 version?
If you use the D3d9 client in 2010 you can download the Camera MFD, there is a version for 2010. You will need to activate the use of cameras in the D3D9 client. I'm using an older computer at the moment, so I cannot use 2016 yet, and that's how I can get cameras.