Request Enceladus landing site

Pioneer

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking if someone would make or has already made a landing site for Saturn's moon Enceladus similar to the one for Europa included with UCGO.

Thanks Again,
Pioneer

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Yes.

633px-Enceladus_moon_to_scale-PIA07724.jpg

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Strange, I was on the East coast yesterday and didn't see anything?

N.

Pioneer

Reaction score
I just need a place to land my arrow freighter similar to the one on Europa

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Oh, don't misunderstand: you can do it. The procedure would just be a little different...
picture.php

It's a relatively smooth world. There are any number of those geysers you could set down next to and study:)

Pioneer

Reaction score
Oh, don't misunderstand: you can do it. The procedure would just be a little different...
picture.php

It's a relatively smooth world. There are any number of those geysers you could set down next to and study:)

But how do you do it? :sos:

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
If you just need a target to aim for and aren't concerned about details otherwise, you can do what I do when I'm in need of a quick base - and that is to just make a copy of Brighton Beach.

The procedure in your case would be to:

1. Make a directory called Orbiter\Config\Enceladus
  2. Make a directory called Orbiter\Config\Enceladus\Base
  3. Copy Brigton.cfg from Orbiter\Config\Moon\Base to Orbiter\Config\Enceladus\Base
  4. Rename Orbiter\Config\Enceladus\Base\Brighton.cfg to Orbiter\Config\Enceladus\Base\EceladusBase.cfg (technically, you don't have to do this but it makes sense to do it)
  5. Edit Orbiter\Config\Enceladus\Base\EnceladusBase.cfg in a text editor and Change the top line from "Name = Brighton Beach" to "Name = Enceladus Base"

That's it.

If you don't like the position of the base, then you can edit Orbiter\Config\Enceladus\Base\EnceladusBase.cfg and change the "Location = -33.4375 +41.125" line so that the base is at another location on the moon. (Note: if you do that, make sure to change the VOR LBB line so that it matches the new location.)

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Here's an example of what it can look like.

picture.php

Note that I changed the coordinates to a better location (well - better in the sense that you can see Saturn really well)

Code:
BASE-V2.0
Name = Enceladus Base
Location = -73.4375 -21.125
Size = 500

BEGIN_NAVBEACON
VOR LBB -73.4375 -21.125 116.30 500
END_NAVBEACON

Last edited:

Pioneer

Reaction score
If you just need a target to aim for and aren't concerned about details otherwise, you can do what I do when I'm in need of a quick base - and that is to just make a copy of Brighton Beach.

The procedure in your case would be to:

1. Make a directory called Orbiter\Config\Enceladus
  2. Make a directory called Orbiter\Config\Enceladus\Base
  3. Copy Brigton.cfg from Orbiter\Config\Moon\Base to Orbiter\Config\Enceladus\Base
  4. Rename Orbiter\Config\Enceladus\Base\Brighton.cfg to Orbiter\Config\Enceladus\Base\EceladusBase.cfg (technically, you don't have to do this but it makes sense to do it)
  5. Edit Orbiter\Config\Enceladus\Base\Enceladus_Base.cfg in a text editor and Change the top line from "Name = Brighton Beach" to "Name = Enceladus Base"

That's it.

If you don't like the position of the base, then you can edit Orbiter\Config\Enceladus\Base\EnceladusBase.cfg and change the "Location = -33.4375 +41.125" line so that the base is at another location on the moon. (Note: if you do that, make sure to change the VOR LBB line so that it matches the new location.)

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Here's an example of what it can look like.

picture.php

Note that I changed the coordinates to a better location (well - better in the sense that you can see Saturn really well)

Code:
BASE-V2.0
Name = Enceladus Base
Location = -83.4375 -41.125
Size = 500

BEGIN_NAVBEACON
VOR LBB -83.4375 -41.125 116.30 500
END_NAVBEACON

I'm also looking to add surface tiles like Dansteph's UCGO Europa Base

sorindafabico

Reaction score
You can land safely on the farside. AFAIK, you'll be inside Saturn SOI when in Enceladus surface, but, well, you'll be in far side. I never tried on near side.