Humor Eurovision Song Contest 2022

steph

Reaction score
funny association of myself with the whole world

What you absolutely need to understand is that the higher-ups usually know it's just bs, and some of them are even personally anti, even if job&privileges mean they won't state it. And even if they're not anti, by the nature of their job, they know it's all just a circus. So, being the most vocal pro around could actually land you in trouble just as well as being anti. Doing it here is quite harmless, but if you do it in real life there, it could have consequences.

Your purpose should be to just try to be just a face in the crowd, not to stand out with the patriotic stuff. Because here's the thing.... most of the higher-ups actually despise the 'rabble', and they may actually despise the pro-z people more.

They take one look at you, and they think you're either a profiteering parasite, an idiot, or both. And they may also secretly side more with the 'normal' people. So, if you try to sing the patriotic stuff as loud as you can, you may get a congratulation and a chance to serve the fatherland in the special operation, which is special in the same way that special schools are special. Basically, if they have to send someone, they'll probably send someone pro-z, because they assume you either actually want it, or you're the dullest rock in the garden, but, in both cases, you're expendable.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
in both cases, you're expendable.
it is difficult. most of the Ukrainian army fled to fight on Twitter and now pro-Russian Ukrainians (former Ukrainians) are fighting there

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
it is difficult. most of the Ukrainian army fled to fight on Twitter and now pro-Russian Ukrainians (former Ukrainians) are fighting there

Come on. You claim to live in Kursk, merely 80 km from Ukraine. Get your ass there and look. After all, as you say: The Ukrainian army has fled and there is nothing to fear. ;)

Just a small recommendation: Don't use a Russian SIM card in your smartphone near Ukraine. The roaming fees cost you an arm and a leg.

Sunhillow

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Although it is becoming more and more OT, I'd like to thank @steph for his words.

Sure you know yourself that a twitter army could not destroy too much tanks and other military machinery as it is the case. Luckily for Ukraine, sad for russian mothers who lose their sons in a stupid war. They were told Ukrainians would cheer at them when they arrive, but instead noone wanted to be "liberated" by Russia. Russia can only liberate itself! And it should. And it would mean that Russia would sometimes re-join the family of this most stupid song contest. Just for fun, not for killing, destroying, raping.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
Come on. You claim to live in Kursk, merely 80 km from Ukraine. Get your ass there and look. After all, as you say: The Ukrainian army has fled and there is nothing to fear. ;)

Just a small recommendation: Don't use a Russian SIM card in your smartphone near Ukraine. The roaming fees cost you an arm and a leg.
in fact, now they are shooting from a mortar in the direction of Kursk and immediately run away

steph

Reaction score
in fact, now they are shooting from a mortar in the direction of Kursk and immediately run away
That's why it doesn't really compute for me. You're too close for comfort, but equally you're not posting this where one should. Belgorod already got targeted, but Kursk is the bigger node. While the risk of seeing Ukr boots on the ground there is theoretically minimal, I'd really try to look for the insignia if I hear a heli or Mig. If you actually hear something, that's probably long range artillery or airstrikes. Ukr just got some fine long range howitzers, but I don't know if they can actually target your area (yet), but they sure as hell don't want Ru to regroup right beyond the border so they will keep at it (yes, they've mostly driven them out in the north).Oh yeah, and watch out for false flag stuff. Offtopic stuff over

Speaking of music, I'm disappointed that we never got to see these guys compete for Austria ?

Sunhillow

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Speaking of music, I'm disappointed that we never got to see these guys compete for Austria ?
Austrians are well known for their black humor! Yes, they really would mix up this contest :ROFLMAO:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Oh my god, they are back! :oops:

steph

Reaction score
A bit too 'folk' for my ears, but apparently yes, they're back. Not sure why, but I usually seem to think they're somewhat similar to Dubioza Kolektiv and a few others

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
A bit too 'folk' for my ears, but apparently yes, they're back. Not sure why, but I usually seem to think they're somewhat similar to Dubioza Kolektiv and a few others

Well, they are now taking part at the ESC for the third time, the past two times, they had already been one of the more successful acts of Moldova there.

They are also a very good live band, they had been touring Germany quite often in the past years, I can recommend them. Well, if you like alternative rock AND folk.

Of course, there is also DJ Vasile of them...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Final is in 2 days at Turin in Italy, I think Norway's going to bag this one.

I think the bets are on Ukraine this year, but yeah, Norway also has a great song.

steph

Reaction score
Well, I seem to like their earlier stuff

As for the folk stuff...I wouldn't be ashamed with the French/Breton stuff, although they probably won't make it to Eurovision ?

Saw Zdob live a few times, I know they're good, but it depends. On the big festivals,they just sing a few and go away Saw these guys live too, but it was pure punk debauchery . Pure fun, but for some reason, they're too loud to listen to sober? Not even fit for the morning alarm?

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Hi here.

Better than "les Ramoneurs de Menhirs", here in Brest, Bretagne, France, we have "les Goristes". Way more violent and subversive. Success guaranted for Eurovision... :ROFLMAO:

steph

Reaction score
Hi here.

Better than "les Ramoneurs de Menhirs", here in Brest, Bretagne, France, we have "les Goristes". Way more violent and subversive. Success guaranted for Eurovision... :ROFLMAO:

Kept waiting for the hardcore stuff to hit?. Btw, just found out that Russkaja is having a concert in St. Prouant on 10th of June at Feux de l'Eté and in Valentigney on 11th. You probably know this, but the smaller fests are not to be neglected, especially since Hellfest is always sold out and raves/teufs are basically 95%chance of getting fined and /or arrested?

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Russkaja ??? Damn it, i won't be there... Great band for great gigs. I've seen les Ramoneurs at l'Ilophone, a fest on Ouessant Island some years ago. It was great, but the people in the pit were... Well... Not punk enough. And i've seen Les Goristes at Plougastel Daoulas and Ouessant, but no pogo either. I've spoken with both, but it was late, and i was a bit... Tired... hem... I don't realy remember what the plot was... Poetry ?

As for Hardcore, i love to listen to it for my weight-pushing exercises. Jebroer, Paul Elstak, Warface, this kind of stuff. I'd love to be at Defqon or MoHC, but i'm not rich enough. It seems amazing.

About the french song for Eurovision, well... What to say ? It's not that bad, except who does understand the lyrics ? Who'd be able to sing it ? It's not traditional, but it's not true hardstyle, we know what they are not, but what are they at the end ? I realy hope it will go well for them, period.

steph

Reaction score
I actually don't get too 'captivated' by any of them. I guess just bias from years of synthwave and rock. But it's Eurovision. Circus and politics

You seem to have seen quite a lot of concerts. My recent list only includes Dubioza and Ramoneurs at Les Givrés back in 2019, some grindcore gig in La Rochelle last year which was actually quite decent but I don't remember much; and a few other fests over the years (first time I heard them, I wasn't actually at the fest yet and thought In Extremo was playing?. But, hopefully, this summer will be different. I have no hesitations about the Russkaja thing tho. Vocalist is russian expat who fled the USSR. They're actually anti-war .