Problem Exporting from Blender

NLSPingouin

Reaction score
Hi everybody.
I've done something on blender and putting a texture on it with UV mapping technique.
But when I want to export my .blend to a .msh file, the program that I use don't create any .dds texture. i've ask for a .dds texture to be created. A folder is created in Texture2 fodler of Orbiter but as nothing in it. My .msh is working perfectly.
Somebody could explain how I could do to have my textures?
Thank you.

The Blender Support for orbiter :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/blorbiter/

Edit : I have done some other things. I look in my .msh file and found this line at the end :
"TEXTURES 1
CaisseBiereDesPoles\bouteille.dds"
So, the problem seems to be in the creation of my .dds file, not in my UV wrap. Am I wrong?
I have exporting my UV image in a .dds one with The Gimp and put this new file in the correct folder. When I test this in Orbiter, I always have my meshe without textures. I really don't understand.

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
And all the meshes are white in Orbiter?

Make sure your textures have both sides of dimensions of powers of 2 (i.e. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, etc.).

As it's stated in the documentation of the blorbiter, you need a DxTex utility to make it convert textures automatically to DDS format. This utility should be included in the Orbiter's SDK package. If you have it, but for some reason DDS textures aren't generated when you choose to create them in the exporter, you can convert them by a hand to DDS, either by using the DxTex utility or another graphics converter supporting DDS format.

If you use GIMP to save texture as DDS, select the DXT1 compression algorithm (or DXT3/DXT5 if textures are semitransparent). I don't think you need to generate mipmaps, but textures with mipmaps will look better in Orbiter when they are downscaled.

NLSPingouin

Reaction score
Ok, I thank you. I have now my texture on the meshe! Yeah, it is a really good thing. But, I have another problem.

My UV texture is ok on Blender, but not in Orbiter. I am trying to make bottles of beer for those poor astronaut who don't have good things to eat in Orbit. Look at the differences between my Blender rendering and the Orbiter One.
http://yfrog.com/3morbblendp

Don't look for the scale or the texture. I am just testing!

About dXTex. I tried to open bmp or dds images in it, but the render is just a black square. (I always use power of two textures dimensions).

NLSPingouin

Reaction score
Yeah! You're great, guys! Thank you a lot!
And another thing to say about generating a .dds texture : don't have a orbiter's folder name with spaces in it.
All it's ok.

NLSPingouin

Reaction score
Okay! So all it's working and understanded now. Thank you a lot.