General Question faster time acceleration

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I just made a trip to Saturn for the first time and it was fun. However i was sat there for 40 mins on full time warp and d3d9 doesn't support multi tasking i couldn't do any thing. Is there a way to do faster time warp than 10,000x?

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Orbiter already supports time warp of up to 100000x.

If that's still too slow, use the scenario editor's 'date' functionality and change the date to somewhere in the future. Keep in mind that this isn't as accurate as time warp.

Also, in the D3D9 client's video tab, there should be an option to change the full screen mode and one of them supports alt-tabbing. I'm not sure whether it suffers from Orbiter's strange graphics bug after you switch back to it, though.

Last edited:

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
...use the scenario editor's 'date' functionality and change the date to somewhere in the future. Keep in mind that this isn't as accurate as time warp.

I was under the impression that it was the other way round, although I'm quite happy to be wrong.

Alternatively, wait for 40 minutes while playing this: [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2855"]Tetris MFD v1.1[/ame] :lol: (doesn't seem to work on 2010 though)...

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I never liked tetris...
Never thought of wwindow mode.... Thanks

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
D3D9 client's full screen window mode works great in allowing you to be able to alt tab out of it and pull up something or do something else.

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

I'm getting toward the end of a long mission to the outer planets, and during this experience, I was thinking it would be great if I could kick the time acceleration up to 200,000x or 300,000x. So running into this thread is rather timely. Is that plugin you linked to above stable? The comments in the thread end on December 25, 2011 ... over 1 year ago, and it isn't clear to me if it's stable.

For time acceleration above 100,000x, would it be more stable to just increment 100,000 at a time instead of x10?

200,000x is twice as fast as 100,000x. I would be pretty happy with that if it was perfectly stable. It would cut my Uranus to Neptune time warp by 1/2.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Is that plugin you linked to above stable? The comments in the thread end on December 25, 2011 ... over 1 year ago, and it isn't clear to me if it's stable.
I would put it this way: If there hasn't been any need for changes since december 2011, I call that stable ;)
If however you experience any problems, please report 'em at the thread.
I will then take a look at it and try to fix whatever I can.
For the brave there is still the opportunity to improve the code themselves; the source-code is included.

To be honest, I just forgot to upload it to OH those days, 'cause "real live" distracted me a bit from that project :thumbup:

/Kuddel