Project G42-200 StarLiner

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I believe the invisible engineless ship is due to the DLL being compiled in debug mode; you need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redist, IIRC.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I believe the invisible engineless ship is due to the DLL being compiled in debug mode; you need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redist, IIRC.
The vessel module in WIP-1 release isn't compiled in debug mode, for which otherwise there are no redistributable runtime libraries (but they are shipped with the compiler). It requires VC 2008 runtime, version 9.0.21022.8.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ehrm... the WIP-1 DLL is compiled in release mode (i remembered it this time :lol:), and it's set to statically link the runtime libraries, which means you shouldn't need anything else to get it to run....

an invisible ship is usually due to Orbiter not finding a module for the vessel found in the Configs... it could be related to your Orbiter version (it's most unlikely to work with 2006, as it was built with the 2010 SDK)

but it's worth checking your install to make sure everything's there... try extracting the .zip again and make sure all folders are copyed into the orbiter root directory :rolleyes:

edit:

the optimum amount of fuel reserve is quite subjective on this ship - what you wanna keep an eye for is the oxidizer, for the G42 has capacity for a lot more fuel than it can afford to burn in space...

the oxidizer will deplete in about 1.3 times the fuel flow... you can make a direct ascent to orbit with as little as 80% of the main fuel tanks max capacity (this reserve is for use in off-plane launches that require an intercept-leg maneuver) - you can expect to have just around 10% oxidizer left at MECO, and aroun 5~7% after circularizing... if you get more than that to spare, than congrats! :salute: - your bosses will surely be happy, with the fuel prices these days :lol:

Last edited:

Manichean

Reaction score
I had the invisible ship thing when I ran the G42-200 on Orbiter 2010. After I upgraded to Orbiter 2010 P1, it worked.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
ehrm... the WIP-1 DLL is compiled in release mode (i remembered it this time :lol:), and it's set to statically link the runtime libraries, which means you shouldn't need anything else to get it to run....
It's actually compiled dynamically, and requires MSVCP90.dll and MSVCR90.dll of the version I posted earlier. I downloaded it and checked dependencies just before posting.

I had the invisible ship thing when I ran the G42-200 on Orbiter 2010. After I upgraded to Orbiter 2010 P1, it worked.
That explains why it didn't work. Vessel module wasn't loaded at all, because it uses VESSEL3 class, which was updated in Orbiter 2010-P1, and there were missing dependencies in Orbiter 2010 when you tried to use it there. This vessel requires at least Orbiter 2010-P1.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's actually compiled dynamically, and requires MSVCP90.dll and MSVCR90.dll of the version I posted earlier. I downloaded it and checked dependencies just before posting.

cood catch - i forgot i had it set to "default"... i guess M$ assumes dynamic linkage as standard practice... why would they miss out on a chance to create external dependencies, right? :lol:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
so, for the C++ illiterate, it is now working with no dependencies?

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
so, for the C++ illiterate, it is now working with no dependencies?

not really... but you should be fine, as many other addons (even Orbiter itself, i believe) would have the same dependencies, so you, as the majority of us, most likely already have the needed files :cheers:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
many games and other things use the VC++ redists, especialy the 2008 ones, so chances are you all ready have it. If you don't, it can be downloaded here:
Microsoft Download Center

cymrych

The Probe abides
Donator
Reaction score
Evening fellas, sorry to bump the thread for something so trivial.

This dig I'm on got shut-down out of the blue, so I find myself technically homeless for the next couple of weeks until the next dig begins. No worries, please, I'll be camping happily in some fantastic National Parks, may even do some cimbing in Yosemite.

But I won't be around to help test WIP 2 if it comes out reletively soon. That'll have to wait til I get back in a hotel on the company dime.

So happy flying everyone! I'm already looking forward to hearing the feedback on WIP 2 when I get back into the land of instantaneous communication and electronic hobbies!

Cheers and godspeed to all G42 test pilots.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
well, ok - we have capture! :woohoo:

G422_WeHaveCapture.jpg

of course, i'm not quite done with it, but at least now we can actually dock to something :thumbup:

still gotta get those radiators to deploy... and eventually model some more detail around them... :lol:

just a quick progress report to let you know that, slowly but surely, she's coming along...

and WIP-2 shouldn't be too far, i hope... :hmm:

:cheers:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can almost hear the creaking sounds throughout the ISS, especially after crossing the terminator...

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
That really is a beautiful craft you've got there.

As a side note, my Dragonfly Redux fits in the hold nicely. (a little tight on the horozontal but within limits)

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That ship is really impressive by its size and shape, kind like Star Wars imperial destroyers. :thumbup:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That really is a beautiful craft you've got there.

As a side note, my Dragonfly Redux fits in the hold nicely. (a little tight on the horozontal but within limits)

nice! thats' one of its key design goals - ferrying that type of stuff up there :hmm:

raxo2222

Reaction score
When this bird will be out?
There is still WIP1 in Orbiterhangar.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Moach has a lot of work on his hands, he's coding/texturing for this, and working on the UDVC at the same time, i expect it to come within 2 weeks, but Moach could decide to put this on hold for all we know right now

but please dont Moach, this is looking SWEET!

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Agreed. We all love your work. Waiting for it makes flying it just all the sweeter.