Gaming Galactic Divison game development. Need graphic designers!

luki1997a

Reaction score
Hi all:hello:

We are developing a game named "Galactic Division". It's actually a polish project but it will evolve to be an international one.

I'm not the director of this project! I've not created it! I've just joined the team.

Here's what's that game about:

Everthing happens in future. After test with a seismic weapon, testing machine was overloaded and its explosion caused instability of earth's core. That caused a lot of volcanic eruptions on Earth's southern hemisphere. To avoid death 15 000 rich people escaped to space stations, which were designed to carry big amounts of people and there was a lot of them.

In year 2166 player starts the adventure.

Here are parts of the gameplay:
1. Player starts on the space base(not a bace ;P) and he's executing his orders(about 30 hrs of real-time gameplay)
2. Player is overtaking a spacecraft(about 30 hrs of real-time gameplay)
3. Player is overtaking a spacecraft fleet(next 30 hrs)
4. Player is overtaking single planets(next 30 hrs...)
5. Player is overtaking whole planetary systems(next 30 hrs)
6. Player is overtaking whole galaxy(for the rest of his live:lol:)

=====================================================

Currently team counts ~30 people.

We need graphics designers to help us. At the time we have 5 of them. There will be a lot of work with creating 3D models and textures. So 5 people is not enough. If you are interested please say it here. I'll direct you to the project's director.

Thanks to everyone who would like to help us! :)

Sorry if text is hardly understandable or obscure. :S

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ouch, you have 30 people and nobody knows graphics?
How far along are you with the development? Is this just a "Hey, I got a cool idea, let's make it true!" thing or has it been in development for months or years?

Keep in mind that most project fail before they ever start and that the larger a group of people is, the harder it is to manage and with that, the higher the chance that it eventually falls apart.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
"overtaking" sounds a bit strange, I suspect you mean "controlling" or "takes control of"... sounds like a 1:1 translation of the German "übernehmen" (assume control), which is over + take when translated component-wise.

That is the only hardly understandable thing for me. Obscure is the game concept, I can't visualize WHAT I am supposed to do during the 30 hour steps.

BUT:

30 people??? I know professional game studios that had less in a project. You likely can get through the game development well with just 5 graphics designers, but you might also need 1-2 people who optimize the graphics for use in-game in the pipeline.

I don't know what else you need there...a sales department maybe?

What is your job in the project, now that you joined?

luki1997a

Reaction score
I'm a graphics designer.

You're right w/ this "taking control" instead of overtaking :)
Durning ~30 hour gameplay you will execute objectives. It's like playing a CoD-like game and completing the missions.

26 people in team equals:
-3 main coders
-2 engine devs
-7 web designers(lol)
-8 story devs(lol i think only 3 of them does something..)
-1 core dev
-1 android dev
-4 graphics designers(sorry for previous mistake)

We especially need 3D graphic designers, because current ones are mostly good in 2D.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why an android developer?

luki1997a

Reaction score
AFAIK to make a little port of the game to allow "free play"(offline). Maybe devs are hiding something :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
AFAIK to make a little port of the game to allow "free play"(offline). Maybe devs are hiding something :lol:

I think they try too much at once, but that is just my feeling, I have no facts to base that on. Especially already doing the Android version in parallel, while nothing concrete is known about the game mechanisms.

luki1997a

Reaction score
Game is actually at development. We have great coders(where one of them work for nasa!). Currently game is in ALPHA version. Coders are concentrated on implementing advanced AI(currently we have shooting and weapons, simple ai and environemt completed). I think android version will be made when PC ver will be completed and current android dev is only for taking a seat :D

Trust me. There aren't much work at once, because graphic devs are now designing main menu and coders are implementing it and working on AI. Web devs are creating forums and story devs are creating the story. So work is cut to few parts and proper devs are making proper part.

Project directors know what they do :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Can't find anything useful in the WWW about it...

luki1997a

Reaction score
Yes, because what's the point in creating a www for uncompleted game? A lot of things can change. If you become a developer you will get permission to view "Informations" doc where all game infos, dev tasks and sources are placed.

I suspect you have seen this site.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think it is understandable that nobody really wants to join a project without information about it.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
7 Web designers is ridiculous enough, but having 7 web designers and no website is... I can't quite put a finger on it. It sounds too absurd to be true...

luki1997a

Reaction score
Ouch, you have 30 people and nobody knows graphics?
How far along are you with the development? Is this just a "Hey, I got a cool idea, let's make it true!" thing or has it been in development for months or years?

Keep in mind that most project fail before they ever start and that the larger a group of people is, the harder it is to manage and with that, the higher the chance that it eventually falls apart.

1. Project has started.
2. In 26 people there are 4 graphic designers which are mostly good in 2D dev.
3. This project won't fail before start:lol:
4. Project is managed by adult and responsible people.
5. Project exists for about 6 months. Currently core development is paused, because devs have holidays :lol:

Don't be so rude. If you don't want to help then don't say anything.

Urwumpe, people know about project from it's directors. I've highly summarized info about it, because you have to hear the rest from devs.

To all: Please don't think and say that it's a someone young's idea or it will fail before start. As I've said. Project is in development. We have created a game engine, online database, basic weapons, physics, menus, textures, basic models. Project is not just an idea. It's managed by responsible and adult people.

edit:

jedidia, almost all what web devs have done is behind the curtains. They are developing game's forum and it's new site. The current one is only a temporary one.

marooder86

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Is this gonna be a commercial product or totally free?
If you need graphics designers then have you tried to posts your job offer in more apropriate places like warsztat.gd(Polish) or gamedev.net(international).
How many of the team members had actually work on games that had been released because from the description on the page you linked, the game seem to be not that trivial to make and I wonder how expierienced is your team?

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
To all: Please don't think and say that it's a someone young's idea or it will fail before start. As I've said. Project is in development. We have created a game engine, online database, basic weapons, physics, menus, textures, basic models. Project is not just an idea. It's managed by responsible and adult people.

With all due to respect, luki1997a, but given your history on this forums, I can understand that members do not trust your words alone.

The way you approach it here is strange. On the one hand, you give out little information, OTOH you expect people to trust you that it is managed by responsible people.

If someone raises concerns about the validity of this project, you dismiss them for being "rude". This is not a good start, either.

My advice would be as follows: if you come here with such an recruiting post, you have to expect critics and deal with them. If you think you can gather people for a more or less secret development project without much questions being asked (or even answered), I'd suggest to do so via the project's own web resources instead of O-F.

regards,
Face

luki1997a

Reaction score
I don't know if others were developing a game in future, but main coders are great at their job. They are teaching programming and one of them make programs for NASA and they are used on ISS. Product will be totally free. Maybe we will add some commercials on the website but it won't give us much money. But money is not the point.

Thank you for these links. Thank you all.

Last edited by a moderator:

luki1997a

Reaction score
The way you approach it here is strange. On the one hand, you give out little information, OTOH you expect people to trust you that it is managed by responsible people.

So what should I do to make the trust me? I cannot give everybody e-mail to devs and publish docs which are only for devs. When I was joining the team I've known as much as you but after joining and getting know w/ devs everything become clear.

Thanks everyone for help. I will contact you when the game will be completed. Bye.

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So what should I do to make the trust me? I cannot give everybody e-mail to devs and publish docs which are only for devs. When I was joining the team I've known as much as you but after joining and getting know w/ devs everything become clear.

Trust and respect is something you have to earn. It is not an automatic do-this-and-it-happens sort or thing.

As I already said, if you post here, you have to expect discussion about it. It is a discussion board, not an announcement board.

Silencing people after asking questions is not a good start to get volunteer support, simple as that. So in this matter the very way you behave is decreasing whatever amount of trust people had in this project. Is this concept not clear to you?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com

Adding in 'lol' at the 7 web designers part didn't exactly fill me with confidence either.

Personally, before I invested any time in this I'd want to know more details, if it's being sold for money then what is the business plan? How good is the website? Whats the timescales? Who is co-ordinating the project? How far along is the coding?

and so on.

luki1997a

Reaction score
Ok... I will answer your questions. Maybe this will make it clear:

1. Project is about 4 months old
2. Developers are experienced people and they are great at programming. One of them has experience in NASA. Others are as good as he is.
3. Game will be 100% free and it's point for dev is to gain a game dev experience.
4. There will probably be an Android version. Which will allow players to play on Android:)S) a "free play" game.
5. Web devs include forum moderators too. They are creating more advanced project website and a forum.
6. Sorry for me being rude :p

Please continue asking. I can show you game menu concept. That's all what I can show you for now.
It's here