Galaxy4D sim

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Found a pretty cool sim in the works that has collision detection,multiplayer,Newtonian physics, that you can build ships fly them and walk around inside of them (IVA) you can find more info here: https://galaxy4d.com/portal.php

Hi,
Galaxy4D has real newtonian physics + General Relativity without time dilation.

There will be no pre-made vehicles, only a few machines to build parts that players can use to build any kind of vehicle or station.

Players have to build their own spacecrafts with their own techlonogy,
which means that if you want to build the SpaceX's BFR or the Saturn 5 with all its stages and the lander, you absolutely can !

A big team of people would be able to work together to build something huge, like the death star.

You can walk around inside the ships you build in first person, just like you would in real life.

The construction system is not a design tool, rather it is an immersive first person experience where you grab a part, put it somewhere and weld it.
It means that you will walk around and inside your spacecraft while you build it, and for maintenance while your friend flies it.

You also have to pass all the wires for your electrical system which you will design yourself.

You can install on-board computers that are programmable via code (using our proprietary language which you can start learning now here).

Modding will be supported after the Alpha version (could be Beta or Final) for Solo and Multiplayer mode, but not for the official MMO servers.
Modding will be done via C# code.

Hope this answers all your questions Smile
You can check the FAQ forum for more answers, or just ask.
---------------------------------------------------
ZOlivier,
Main developer and Founder of Galaxy4D

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Found a pretty cool sim in the works that has collision detection,multiplayer,Newtonian physics, that you can build ships fly them and walk around inside of them (IVA) you can find more info here: https://galaxy4d.com/portal.php

Sounds too good to be true. Is there a demo available? It sure could be, with that much work-items already marked "done".

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Seems interesting, but we already have Kerbal and SpaceEngineers as good sandbox "games". And you can make some interesting crafts on both games.

Perhaps Galaxy 4D goes more towards gameplay.
If they offer a persistent multiplayer world, it may be interesting.

Second the need to try out a demo. Seem like a great start by a one-man-show though.

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Some buzzword features, practically no information on actual gameplay, and a Trello that treats whole epics in a single card... Yeah, this is very early development. Don't expect this anytime soon. Like, his "Alpha 2 or 3" in the roadmap is basically the whole of IMS2 and then some... :lol:

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well i dont know bout you guys but i think its going to do well. He already has a 7 year head start and will be releasing something by end of this summer. Another thing i like is in regards to this game the developer has 6 commandments he follows while he is developing the game. They are as follows:
The Developers six commandments
1: Thou shall obey physics(we do not sacrifice realisim for game play. Real laws of physics are appllied)
2: Thou shall have to strive (This game is based on real science and as a result is not easy to play)
3: Thou shall assist friends (co-op is prefrable over PVP)
4: Thou shall not hit a wall (everything you see is accessable without limits)
5: Thou shalt not see a skybox (what you can see you can touch)
6: Thou shall not see loading (seamless transitions no loading screens etc)

Im looking forward to a challenge myself dont know bout you guys. This is something I always wished orbiter could have become but never did
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
He already has a 7 year head start and will be releasing something by end of this summer.

Cool. Looking forward to try it when it eventually comes out.

This is something I always wished orbiter could have become but never did

Well, Orbiter is a working software already. You can download and play it, it has a decade of development history, it has a still active addon community (although it sure looks like diminishing lately). Its "becoming" is practically established.

It might not be what that project's list is promising, but it is easier to promise features than to actually deliver them. Just look at the NMS and SC debacles. It could well be that Galaxy4D is just another vaporware.

The first blog entry on the project's page is not so promising:(emphasis mine)
ZOlivier said:
We are sorry that we have been inactive for the past two years, but rest assured the project was not abandoned.

Our previous forum and public announcements gave us a greater understanding of what passionate people really want in a realistic space game.

We have been secretly working on Galaxy4D's Engine for the past year, starting from scratch with new technologies and an even more aggressive approach to realism, and we can't wait to show you the results !

In the mean time, we are proud to announce our new website, with an all new Forum where you can discuss with us and other passionate people about Galaxy4D and other Space related subjects !

Please note that for the purpose of starting from a clean sheet with better technologies, your registration on the old forum has not been automatically migrated to the new one, hence you might want to register again.

These passages put the 7 year "head-start" into perspective. It looks like they restarted the project in 2017. That's not much time for their ambitious goal.

So yeah, nice to see enthusiastic people working on the space simulator front. However, I'm not going to hold my breath.