News George Washington's $300,000 library book fine.

Chode

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
George Washington was the number one criminal in the colonial US while he led a war against Britain. Once independence was won, he becomes the greatest hero in the independent US. I don't think library late fees are going to change that.

Regards

Piper

Orbiting Space Addict
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Ah, George Washington, such a rebel ;)

KosmoKen

Lost in Translation
Donator
Reaction score
If it's signed "President", then maybe Mr. Obama should front the bill?

Piper

Orbiting Space Addict
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
While I'd love to see the office of the president pay the bill, the knowledge that it would just be coming from the taxes that people pay kinds of ruins it. With that said, giving $300,000 to a library wouldn't be a waste of tax payer's money in my mind.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like shoddy investigation to me. So somebody wrote "president" instead of his name. How do they really know it was the president of the US? Did they research his whereabouts at the time to see if he was actually in Manhattan? Is there any evidence that he was reading these books at the time? Witnesses, citations made by Washington in letters, etc., anything? If so, why isn't that mentioned in the article? Were these books listed in his belongings after his passing?

It seems a stretch to say Washington was the borrower from just one word. Could've been the president of the local book club.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Sounds like shoddy investigation to me.

Exactly. We'll treat the library as the crime scene, and do a graphologic exam of the signature, compare them to Washington's samples. There should have been some organic material transfer on the paper, the DNA lab will check it out. We will cross-reference GPS signals from Washington's phone with the library's access files, RFID chips in the book covers and CCTV footage and in the end...

(sunglasses)

... We'll have him booked.

(YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!)

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Exactly. We'll treat the library as the crime scene, and do a graphologic exam of the signature, compare them to Washington's samples. There should have been some organic material transfer on the paper, the DNA lab will check it out. We will cross-reference GPS signals from Washington's phone with the library's access files, RFID chips in the book covers and CCTV footage and in the end...

(sunglasses)

... We'll have him booked.

(YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!)

Or, we can just do some basic historical research. It's not hard to search records and letters and verify this claim.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Or, we can just do some basic historical research. It's not hard to search records and letters and verify this claim.

I know but bear with me: it's monday, I'm going to work and I need my Horatio Caine fix before I go out crackin' heads.

I've noticed we can always rely on you to make such insightful comments. :lol:

Why, thank you! I'll be here all week.

Last edited: