Get your software running on the ISS

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
Not the actual ISS, but SPHERES that are housed in the ISS.

Darpa has opened up a general call-for-anyone to write software to stabilise a randomly tumbling satellite.

It'll be done in simulation at first, with the best algorithms being tested on the SPHERES onboard the ISS.

http://www.darpa.mil/NewsEvents/Releases/2012/03/05a.aspx

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Perhaps Martin S. should submit the killrot autopilot. It stabilizes randomly tumbling stuff pretty well. :hmm:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And they could use orbiter for their simulation needs. :thumbup: We will get recognition.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i think he meant "we" as in "all of our great community", not as in a "me tagging along for the ride" kinda way.... :rolleyes:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If you actually read the description, you'll see that the software is about capturing a tumbling object, not stabilizing it.

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
If you actually read the description, you'll see that the software is about capturing a tumbling object, not stabilizing it.
Sorry, that's my bad. I was in a bit of a hurry when I read it so obviously didn't take it all in. That does make it a far more interesting challenge!

Bonanza123d

Time Lord from Gallifrey
Reaction score
If you think about it. In the API there is a few ways of doing it. I will be entering my team into the contest.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I'll definitely try it out. Probably independently though. I hope they update their IDE and website soon. The conflicting information, outdated information, and bugs are deterring me. I do like their little sim though!