Greetings

Karirawri

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hello! I'm Kari, just a trans girl who's very into anything even tangentially related to space. i've been playing orbiter since the old 2006 version or so, and sometimes i get the itch to come back to it. No other spaceflight sim is as good or has the same features. KSP got close, but it's too simplified and modding is a pain, with all the versions and dlcs. So Orbiter remains king!
However it seems that now i need to participate in the forum in order to download the addons i like. Being a bit of an antisocial person, i can't say i agree with that decision, and haven't felt the need to participate in the forums before. had bad experiences with the old little chatbox that used to be on orbit hangar. hopefully the community here is more welcoming.
I'll still always love this game, but i'm hoping it once again becomes more accessible to those who, for one reason or another, dislike social interactions. We're out there and we exist!

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
:welcome: to the forum. I just logged off and browsed the add-ons as a guest (use the Orbiter Downloads button above), all the add-ons from OrbiterHangar are here now. There are about 5K add-ons available to anyone not logged in or not members; there are only about 15 that require login to the forum to access. That's up to the author not the forum.
Enjoy

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Being a bit of an antisocial person, i can't say i agree with that decision, and haven't felt the need to participate in the forums before.
Hello,
While OF is a very friendly place for the most part, you don't need to participate. As Arvil mentioned, most add-ons are downloadable without an account, but even having an account to download add-ons does in no way obligate you to participate. I think there's a lot of users that have never posted. So just do what you're comfortable with ;)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums ! :hailprobe:

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Hey. Welcome to the forums. We're a pretty friendly bunch here. I also go back to the 2006 days.

thermocalc

Reaction score
welcome, indeed in this forum I met a lot of really nice, friendly and polite people, which make a pleasure to post ... all the best for your spaceflights (y)