Greetings

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Seth suggested I stop by and say hi.

I'm Eric, friend of his for a spell or two.

I'm hosting the LandSAT files over at my site http://stableit.org - right now the selection is a little thin, but there's more in the pipes and some nearly ready to post (about a week).

Current: Earth_L8, Earth_L9, Earth_L10, Mars_L9, Mars_L10, Phobos, Deimos.

Best wishes all,
Eric

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum!
Thank you for taking care of the LandSAT hosting. The BitTorrent protocol is a good choice. Although your own tracker seems to be malfunctioning. µTorrent reports it sending invalid data "<NULL>".
Why not add the Open Bittorent and Public BT trackers to the torrent?

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thank you for taking care of the LandSAT hosting. The BitTorrent protocol is a good choice. Although your own tracker seems to be malfunctioning. µTorrent reports it sending invalid data "<NULL>".

Thanks for the tips, I've not hosted on BT before so those are great points!

I seeded a few times and was able to transfer inside the LAN.

I did a little searching on this after setup to see if I need to punch some holes in the router but I didn't get to spend too much time on it yet.

Eric

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Thank you for the welcomes :speakcool:

I'm also open to hosting other groups in the same fashion as I get the format worked out.

I'm also buying a new raid usb drive to host the torrents, I'm aiming to offer the community quite a bit of torrent space as this grows.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
I'm also open to hosting other groups in the same fashion as I get the format worked out.

I'm also buying a new raid usb drive to host the torrents, I'm aiming to offer the community quite a bit of torrent space as this grows.

That is great. I've been supporting the use of BT for quite some time.
Especially large files/add-ons can hosted this way pretty comfortably without leeching the bandwidth of this server.

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

Thank you again for the tips TSPenguin :goodposting:

I reposted them all with the two trackers you noted, will just use those going forward.

The torrents are there, if anyone finds a problem email me. I'll also be adding some sort of feed back page to the .org website soon.

Eric

Also - I just posted the Venus_L8 torrent :)

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Well done.
The tracker order is not the same for all torrents, but that is not a problem.
If you add an empty line between trackers, they are used simultaneously, but I don't see why this would be needed for this.

I jumped on all torrents and am already receiving data from you. The Mars L10 and Earth L10/8 I already had. Of course I will help seeding whenever I can.

I noticed that the Venus torrent is the only one that carries its text files inside the ReadMe folder. A little inconsistent and thus confusing. But not a real problem.

Happy Orbiting

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well done.
If you add an empty line between trackers, they are used simultaneously, but I don't see why this would be needed for this.

I jumped on all torrents and am already receiving data from you. The Mars L10 and Earth L10/8 I already had. Of course I will help seeding whenever I can.

I noticed that the Venus torrent is the only one that carries its text files inside the ReadMe folder. A little inconsistent and thus confusing. But not a real problem.

Happy Orbiting

Thanks for the congrats! :p

Thank you very much that I hear data is moving. That is a big relief!

I'd feel like I've accomplished something, but once I get the new raid setup I will be hosting everything I can get my hands on, unless its asked that I not host someones files (not sure why not). That'l make me feel like I've made a little difference. But I still need to save up for the new raid drive :)

Thanks so much for the seeds! I am hopeful that others will seed the files and I can make this someplace to get official distributions of all the orbitersim related content.

About Venus - Um.. yea thats my fault.. I'll replace the post in the next few minutes and reseed! Thanks for the spot!

Eric

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

That is great. I've been supporting the use of BT for quite some time.
Especially large files/add-ons can hosted this way pretty comfortably without leeching the bandwidth of this server.

I very much believe in this solution to the organizations long term needs. Its my pleasure to offer an organic solution to the undoubted futures path.

I also recognize that other organizations are offering downloads and I am glad to work with them to ensure separation. I'll let them contact me from my site as I don't feel I need to shout at every tom dick and harry on the block - no offence anyone!

Eric

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

Well done.

Happy Orbiting

Venus should be correct now, that would be all files standardized as I recall :)

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
...once I get the new raid setup I will be hosting everything I can get my hands on, unless its asked that I not host someones files (not sure why not).
For nearly every addon you will have to ask for permission from the author first.
Some addon authors pefer to host their addons themselves. For statistics and to ensure that no one downloads an outdated version.

Venus should be correct now, that would be all files standardized as I recall :)

Indeed it is!

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
For nearly every addon you will have to ask for permission from the author first.
Some addon authors pefer to host their addons themselves. For statistics and to ensure that no one downloads an outdated version.

Thats no biggie, I said 'everything i can get my hands on' however I didn't intend 'just f it and do it' or other forms of just takin stuff without asking ;)

My site has the ability for members to sign in and communicate with me. I was thinking to make a log in system so that anyone who does let me host their data can communicate with me directly.

Another option for developers is to setup and host .torrents on their own and I will gladly seed and list them on the site.

Eric