Had a problem with OrbiterSound 3.5 - Ummu included in the Delta Glider IV install?

lalbanof

Reaction score
Recently, I tried to open Orbiter after a long absence (2 months)

I got, invariably, a crash to desktop (CTD), white screen and all that. Nothing in the Orbiter.log, except that the error probably occurred when Orbiter initialized the panels...

Well, I uninstalled every single addon I could (using JoneSoft's addon manager JGSME). Still a CTD. Then I got a clean install of the last version of Orbiter. This worked fine without OrbiterSound 3.5. Then I installed Orbitersound and moved in my custom mp3 playlist (orbitersoundplaylist.m3u). Wham! CTDs again. I couldn't start Orbiter.

When replaced my custom playlist with the original one containing only the Bach's Air on a G string, everything worked fine. Then it dawned on me, that I had deleted some of the mp3 files that the playlist referenced (but not from the playlist itself). But, HEY! that hadn't happened before. Before, Orbitersound did simply NOT PLAY the deleted tunes, as expected. Now it causes disaster... Even if the scenario does not call for a tune to be played right off the bat: For example, focused on a ship on Earth's surface (and my settings tell Orbitersound to play tunes only in external view, in space).

This tendency to CTD would be a bit annoying, as I regularly changed tunes, deleting some compilations and adding others. Moreover, my settings call for the playlist's order to be randomized when Orbiter starts. How can you avoid this? Is there something wrong with my computer, then? Is this some bug of Orbitersound I did not know about?

Anyhow. I decided to start anew with a clean installation of Orbiter, manually installing every single addon with JGSME. Seeing how JGSME tells me that Delta Glider IV is overwriting most if not all the files in the UMMu addon, I wonder. Is the Ummu included inside the Delta Glider IV install?

Thanks in advance. If there is a thread that already answers these questions, do point it out and scold me. Though I did search the forums before posting.

Tommy

Reaction score
Yes, UMMU is included in the DG-IV install since the DG-IV depends on it, and I believe the Prelude Base is also. It's safe to allow the DG-IV to overwrite UMMU files.

lalbanof

Reaction score
Thanks, but still...

Thanks for the answer, Tommy.

Anyhow, the "bug" with OrbiterSound and the playlists still stands.

Is not there anyone who has experienced the very same problem I have?

It's not esotheric... It's about a realplayer playlist, deleted audio files (along with their containing folders), and a program (in this case Orbiter with Orbitersound module) that crashes because of that.