Hello from The US.

OrtSurfer

Reaction score
Hello All, I'm glad to finally be apart of the forums!

I've been playing orbiter since just before the the release of 2010 version, and have read the forums frequently for troubleshooting problems with various add-ons.

I would first like to thank the authors of some of my favorite add-ons:

DanSteph for his amazing work on UCGO and UMMU, DGIV, ArrowX, and OrbiterSound. Icarus for his Mass Drive MFD. Nicker43 for his Relativistic Warp MFD. And Loru for the CSSC Base.

I finally decided to join the forums after i could find no results for problems in orbiter I am still experiancing, as well as problems I predict to encounter with OMP. I'm trying to get my girlfriend to join in on the fun (with lots of luck and persuasion)!

Here's a little fanfic for those of you who might be interested; this is how my alternate reality works in orbiter. This might be considered spam so don't feel obligated to read it.

The year is 2020. NASA has just been granted a new space program with the help of revolutionary designs and reorganization by private sector space mastermind and engineer Carl Sagan. His design of the Space Freighter Constitution(XR5) and Shuttle Unity(XR2) was the first step into an aggressive space program aimed at colonizing planets. The main challenge was providing propellant astronomically cheap and efficient. The solution was building an orbital station that gathered particles from the sun using particle acceleration technology to produce main propellant and Oxygen. This station named Icarus is played by the part of the stock wheel station.

The next step was to develop a large scientific vessel able to transport a crew of 20 comfortably and carry enough cargo to establish a foundation for a colony. This vessel, Eternity (played by the part of the Arrow Freighter), went on to successfully establish a permanent NASA base. The NASA based was used to carry out studies aimed at finding water, nutrients for greenhouses, and prospect for mining operations.

By 2023, Eternity and her crew had gained enough prestige to be confirmed able to fly the first manned mission to mars. Additionally, by this time, many private sector space companys have been granted exclusive use of NASA's conquests. The Jovian Mining Corp(Mining rights), Transworld Express(Space Tourism), and the Carl Sagan Space Company (Logistics).

Now Eternity only await it's september 2024 mission date to finally fulfill it's purpose, to go where no man has gone before!

Thanks for reading, I hope you Enjoyed!

Sincerely OrtSurfer

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
And Loru for the CSSC Base.

:tiphat: but you still need to thank Woo482 as he's the one, who translated my ideas into c++ and made those features possible.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. :D

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, OrtSurfer!

Not to gripe, but Carl Sagan wasn't an aerospace engineer.

OrtSurfer

Reaction score
Haha, yes, but that is the beauty of imagination and virtual reality!

Perhaps it is Carl Sagan Jr. :lol:

And yes, thanks to woo as well. All of that programming and translating and meshing is a little bit over my head (actually I may as well be trying to get to the moon with a scuba tank) and am very thankful for your work.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And yes, thanks to woo as well. All of that programming and translating and meshing is a little bit over my head (actually I may as well be trying to get to the moon with a scuba tank) and am very thankful for your work.

Well...is it a scuba tank full of antimatter??

OrtSurfer

Reaction score
Well...is it a scuba tank full of antimatter??

This will be my first attempt at creating an addon.

Picture it:

Tired of piloting those expensive and unmanuverable ships to get to Alpha Centauri or Cassiopea, only to arrive in your next life time? Then this is the addon for you! From The Carl Sagan Jr. Space Company: The Antimatter ScubaTank. Just strap it to your UMMU and blast off!***

***Disclaimer: Aim is Important

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Picture it:

Tired of piloting those expensive and unmanuverable ships to get to Alpha Centauri or Cassiopea, only to arrive in your next life time? Then this is the addon for you! From The Carl Sagan Jr. Space Company: The Antimatter ScubaTank. Just strap it to your UMMU and blast off!***

And environmental agencies wont know whether to protest or run. I would suggest they run :lol:. On a bit more of a serious note, I would suggest trying your hand at a realistic addon, which Ive found to be much better, and more fun to create, but to each his own :tiphat:.

What were those problems you were mentioning? We can help diagnose & cure if you tell us what the problem is.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Picture it:

Can't be any more dangerous than hypervelocity manned HARP blasts. From Havana to Brighton in 12 seconds flat.

OrtSurfer

Reaction score
I am unfamiliar with this HARP blast of which you speak. I assume you are NOT talking about a musical technique used in blue's music ;)

And just to make sure i have my duck's in a row...

:hailprobe:

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
HARP = "Has A Real Problem".

(Just kidding. ;) )

:welcome: to the forum! :)

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Here you go, one HARP cannon. Have fun!
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3439"]HARP[/ame]