Hello

Polaris

Reaction score
I am the new Orbiter-Forum member- Polaris!

1. How did I get started with Orbiter?

It all started with MSFS. I always wanted to fly to the Moon or Mars, and I found Orbiter.

2. What are my interests?

Screenwriting, Ghostbusters, Alien, The Black Hole, Airwolf, Quantum Leap, MSFS, Celestia, Ghostbusters fanfic, Buck Rogers, Knight Rider, Heinlein, Clarke, and Orbiter.

3. Have I reached Mars?

No, I'm still learning.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:welcome:
I wouldn't recommend Mars for a first interplanetary trip, because it has a funky orbit relative to Earth which makes launch windows far apart. Instead start with Venus, make it easier on yourself. ;)

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
Not a huge Buck fan. But Erin Gray is another story (beedeebeedeebee!)...
As far as getting to Mars... There is a tutorial by ar81 that is really good, I think this is it...
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3403"]Tutorial: Concepts for Interplanetary MFD 4.2.1[/ame]
There is an exercise getting a DGIV from the ISS to Mercury. Using the same tools will get you from LEO to Mars (but practice getting to Mercury or Venus first). Also the tutorial is for the older version of IMFD (I've got both, they are handy).

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Mars is fun! :)

You might want to try something easier first, though, like the Moon and Venus. If The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, then Mars is a serial killer. :rofl:

:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum! We'll get you where you need to go to get to where you need to go~!

Polaris

Reaction score
Love the Heinlein joke, but being the ambitious person I am, I've considered Ceres to be a good target. Anyone have a good astrogation MFD?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jarmonik/Orbiter.html

This is Interplanetary MFD. I usually use 4.2.1 because that's what I "learned" on, the newer version does that same stuff, only things have moved a bit... No matter...

Also, there is a "users" guide [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4142"]IMFD Full Manual/Playbacks[/ame]

There is TransX (comes with Orbiter) but it takes a little getting used to, and you've got to do more planning with it.

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
:welcome: to the smartest, most intellectually entertaining forum on the internet.:)

I actually kind of liked the recent Flash Gordon that ran on Syfy channel a couple years back, but I don't think I ever saw any of the '79 series.

:hail::probe:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
well... If there's something strange in your neighbourhood...who you gonna call???

Polaris

Reaction score
Thanks for telling me, Moach. By the way, did you know that Ghosbusters III is in the works?