Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone have any slime balls or sticky pistons I could get? Or know where I can find slimes?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone have any slime balls or sticky pistons I could get? Or know where I can find slimes?

I have ~30 of them sitting around in Usânolon; feel free to take a few. Slimes occasionally appear in the farm across from the storage hall, but that's not so common. While exploring some of the mines/caves underneath the commune I discovered at least one artificial slime-spawning chamber. Not sure what the best place is, though.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
If you can figure your way down into my mines below my house-cave, as soon as you get to the mine level, there's some lava to your right. In that area as well as the many ledges above, slimes occasionally spawn. It used to be much more frequent.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Which one is your house again? :)

A few paces west of Leeuwenhoek. Not the double doors out in the open, but the ones under the road. (and partly hidden?) Go in, straight across, through the fence gates, and work your way down. I can't promise regular slimes. They would jump down from above. I used to hear and see them constantly but not so much anymore.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Doh! If you just want slimeballs, I have like two stacks perhaps... but uh... I'm still in that predicament of being far from home, unequipped, and not playing Minecraft. :lol:

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score

If you feel like sitting around you can use my incomplete slime farm, i dont know how well it works at the moment.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A few paces west of Leeuwenhoek. Not the double doors out in the open, but the ones under the road. (and partly hidden?) Go in, straight across, through the fence gates, and work your way down. I can't promise regular slimes. They would jump down from above. I used to hear and see them constantly but not so much anymore.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Doh! If you just want slimeballs, I have like two stacks perhaps... but uh... I'm still in that predicament of being far from home, unequipped, and not playing Minecraft. :lol:

That's alright, I got some from Izack. Thanks though. Btw, where did you put those clays? Is there a chest near your place I should be looking for?

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
In my place, next to the fence gate.

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

My chests with bricks and such are locked. >_<

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There is usually a slime or two lurking around in my old underground tree farm in the commune. It's the old 'library' just down from City Hall (I think that's still City Hall - need to get back to the Commune soon). Go in the front door (pressure plate iron door). Go to the back-left corner, there's a pressure plate there that opens the wall, just head down the hall, turn right, and down the stairs.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Still not planning on getting on soon. I don't think Hielor would want to unlock the chest, that's something I should do myself :p But the clay chest is open to you.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I ran through the nether last night looking for glowstone. If you take the trail to Rosewood Island and pop out where that stone bridge starts, it turned out there was fair amount there. I ended up picking up enough dust for about 2.25 stacks of glowstone. Of course, it was on the way back, in full view of the that stone bridge I needed to take back to the commune, that I get pinned down by two Ghasts who apparently had it in for me. I've never sprinted so daringly in MC before. :p

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
I ran through the nether last night looking for glowstone. If you take the trail to Rosewood Island and pop out where that stone bridge starts, it turned out there was fair amount there. I ended up picking up enough dust for about 2.25 stacks of glowstone. Of course, it was on the way back, in full view of the that stone bridge I needed to take back to the commune, that I get pinned down by two Ghasts who apparently had it in for me. I've never sprinted so daringly in MC before. :p

Did you survive? D:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Of course I survived. They actually didn't touch me with those blasted fireballs, they only got close. No, the worst part of the whole trip was when I jumped into a lava flow accidentally and didn't have water with me to extinguish it. Not smart!

But yes. The glowstone was retrieved and stored successfully. :)

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Of course I survived. They actually didn't touch me with those blasted fireballs, they only got close. No, the worst part of the whole trip was when I jumped into a lava flow accidentally and didn't have water with me to extinguish it. Not smart!

But yes. The glowstone was retrieved and stored successfully. :)
Water doesn't do you any good in the Nether anyway :)

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You get an empty bucket.

Hmm. Well, that's no good! :lol:

In other news, the prototype of the houses I'm hoping to build in SkyCity at some point...

20120718220938.png

Comments and suggestions welcome, as always. :)

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hmm, yeah, I should look into those... but that would require brewing, and who has the time? :lol:

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

House in SkyCity! :D

20120720210559.png

The lights out front are hooked up to the SkyCity Electric Co and go on at night and off during the day. :D

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Pictures of the upper bedroom and the second level kitchen:

20120720223933.png

20120720223940.png