Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Wally

Reaction score
Or Minecraft Overviewer, I used it once and, if I remember correctly, it's just a Google-Maps style, no resources or caves could be spotted with it (well, excepting the borders), thus no cheating if it would be implemented. The bets part is that it has a web interface. Here's an example.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You are not the first to report disappearing minecarts. I think they may be despawning, or something. Minecart thievery wouldn't really make much sense.
I've seen the cart on Woo's track roll up off the track and into the wall many times, maybe that's what happened?

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I've seen the cart on Woo's track roll up off the track and into the wall many times, maybe that's what happened?
This happens a LOT, but I can usually retrieve them somehow. The curious thing about it is that the intersection was flipped.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've never even used a cart, so I wouldn't know. I haven't even had a chance to go anywhere other than my place, the commune, the bank and the colosseum.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Heilor, I was working on a path today and I noticed that I couldn't place stone blocks in a certain area in front of my house. When I place the block, it just pops right back in to my inventory. Coordinates are about (138, 65, 224)... any idea what's going on?

(It's worth noting there are other blocks I in the vicinity I can't modify, the most annoying being some pine trees that refuse to be cut down.)

Pablo49

Reaction score
Heilor, I was working on a path today and I noticed that I couldn't place stone blocks in a certain area in front of my house. When I place the block, it just pops right back in to my inventory. Coordinates are about (138, 65, 224)... any idea what's going on?

(It's worth noting there are other blocks I in the vicinity I can't modify, the most annoying being some pine trees that refuse to be cut down.)

Your house is right by spawn (the tower isn't right on spawn for the same reason), so your road or whatever is hitting spawn. Build in a different direction.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've created a tree farm for all:

I will expand the size (to the South) as time allows.

Please be kind and re-plant what you cut down.

P.S. There is a gate to enter the tree farm on the North end, by my front door. Please remember to close the gate behind you both when entering and exiting the farm. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Farm is currently full if anyone needs wood. I've also placed a chest against the south wall of my tower which contains a stone ax and a few saplings. Please feel free to take/leave saplings from this chest or use the axe if you need it.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is there any chance of installing mods on this server at some point in the future?

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I don't think so. Personaly I'd like to see BuildCraft and IndustrialCraft, but Helior has already said he doesn't want to install mods requiring client mods.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
I don't think so. Personaly I'd like to see BuildCraft and IndustrialCraft, but Helior has already said he doesn't want to install mods requiring client mods.

Those are the exact two mods I had in mind :lol:

I only suggest this to expand capability in game, if people ever get bored.

Wally

Reaction score
OH HAI!
BTOVo.png

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Your house is right by spawn (the tower isn't right on spawn for the same reason), so your road or whatever is hitting spawn. Build in a different direction.

I wasn't aware that building near the spawn point was disallowed. Thanks for the note! :)

FSXHD

Heterotroph
Donator
Reaction score
Quick question for Hielor,

What software do you use to run the server? I am looking to set up one for some people not related to this site.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Quick question for Hielor,

What software do you use to run the server? I am looking to set up one for some people not related to this site.
I use CraftBukkit on Windows Home Server 2011.

Out of curiosity, is there any chance of installing mods on this server at some point in the future?
I can install mods that people request (as an example, I installed the one allowing you to feed sheep to get their wool back), but as already mentioned I'd like to avoid mods that require client-side mods as well.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Industrial / BuildCraft won't work on Bukkit anyway (I've tried this repeatedly with my own server).

By the by, Essentials for Bukkit comes with a lot of nice features (including permissions and message / PM systems).
mcserverplugins.png
These are the mods currently running on my own server; I can attest that all of these play quite happily with each other under Bukkit's latest RB.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hielor - Just out of curiosity, what kind of hardware are you running the server on now?

Xyon - what kind of hardware is yours running on?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hielor - Just out of curiosity, what kind of hardware are you running the server on now?
It's currently an AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz with 8GB RAM and a low-profile Radeon HD 5450.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
My server hardware at present is 4GB DDR3 with an AMD Athlon II X2 CPU, running Debian 6 / Squeeze in low-profile mode to keep the power largely unused. Minecraft runs with a dedicated 2GB and its world is loaded to a RAMdisk for faster processing. Also, all the plugins which can do utilise MySQL for faster response times without having to wait for I/O from the RAID.

It's using a significantly tweaked version of Bukkit's init script to keep it up and make all that happen properly (wasn't happy with its existing ramdisk or screen stuff, so I changed it).

Hardware itself is important, but far more so is how its harnessed to provide services. :)

Edit: My server's weak point, however, is its connection to the outside world. BT residential broadband just doesn't cut it for large operations; after so many connections, things slow down a lot. Last I checked my upstream was around 750Kbps. :dry:

Last edited:

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
picture.php

That Chicken has been there for days.

picture.php

My Map.

picture.php

Sorry to the builder of the chicken farm near the world spawn, an enderman snuck up behind me and blow a hole in the fence, a mass escape occurred, i plugged the hole as quickly as possible but a lot of them escaped.