Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wow Onyx!! That's an awesome pyramid; it's really shaped up since i last saw it. :thumbup:

Edit: What are the dimensions? And did you find a speedy way of procuring sandstone?

Last edited:

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Wow Onyx!! That's an awesome pyramid; it's really shaped up since i last saw it. :thumbup:

Edit: What are the dimensions? And did you find a speedy way of procuring sandstone?

91 blocks wide and 39 blocks high with a step at 13 high it also goes down 5 blocks from the widest layer.

51903 blocks of Stone bricks, Sandstone, Sand and Glass. 5 entrances and 2 mines.

I mined the surrounding hills in to flat desert to get most of the sand and sand stone.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Server is showing up in the list, but I can't login. (pinging the IP also failed) No other internet issues. Just me?

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
It is the central minecraft authentication server. No one can connect on any server at the moment.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
TSP was right at the time he posted. Currently, teh server apparently is having issues--woke up this morning and the machine had restarted itself (power outtage, apparently), and now Minecraft won't start. Working on it.

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

The world file was apparently corrupted when the server went down. I've restored the previous backup (10/22/2011 00:00:00, PST), which means the server "rolled back" by 12-16 hours (no way of telling for sure).

Apologies to anyone who lost anything. As far as I can tell there's no way to figure out what went wrong here, but I can increase the backup cadence from 24 hours to 12 (or 6) hours if this happens again.

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Apparently the Minecraft auth servers are currently down again/still:
http://www.isminecraftdown.net/

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Heh, what a ride. I just noticed the server back 'up'.
What I find strange is that I can still connect to other servers...
(and also, I see no way that it's down except from the link you posted .-.)

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm out at dinner currently, but I'll investigate when I get home (unless it's fixed)...

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

Server appears to be working now--Shootingiron was having trouble logging in earlier, and says it works now...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Janitor/Gardener/Forester applying for a job! :D
My nick is Richman1050, I like polish up your town a bit. ^^
You're added, but I would recommend against "polishing up" other people's work unless you've asked them first.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm not talking about other people's work. I'm talking about Creeper's work... :D
It would be great to have someone help fill creeper-craters--I usually get them when I see them, using wood planks (since they're renewable) for filler and dirt for the top layer, but I can't be everywhere :)

If you wanted to take care of floating treetops and/or replant some of the forest in the area, I would be thankful :)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm not talking about other people's work. I'm talking about Creeper's work... :D

I won't be on much in the coming weeks, so feel free to harvest wood from my little tree farm if you like. Keep for yourself or take to the commune, all I ask is that you re-plant what you take.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I'm asking, since I haven't been on in a while, and should be able to get some time to come on soon, have I been added to the commune doors? I don't want to have to go out the ceiling hatch again should I die.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
i thought the commune was above ground? much easier to repair creeper attacks