Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The path to the blaze spawner from the main portal and the blaze spawner itself have been fixed. Fix was easy enough, and I've decided I like the new backup script more than the old one since it doesn't backup unchanged chunks--something I'd wanted to do for my own script but never got around to.. I'll keep them running concurrently (but NOT backing up each other's backups, lol) for the time being until I can be sure the new solution is stable enough for our purposes.

The nether tunnel to the space museum was unaffected. The only things that could have been affected was stuff in the same direction from the main nether portal as the blaze spawner. If you think something you've done recently falls into this category, go check it, and if it's gone, let me know.

As for the inventory situation, I spotted a couple other characters who may have had the same issue as Eccentrus (Woo, LadyKianna, Hmuda, one or two others) and I tried the same fix that worked for Eccentrus. If you log in and find that you are missing items (or are unable to log in), let me know what you're missing and I can either refund it directly or restore an older known-good backup and work from there. Anyone who hasn't logged in any time in the last 18 hours (or so) from this post isn't affected, and the backups from before that time are fine, so that's what you'll end up at if I restore an older backup.

Obviously, if you log in and discover you're missing stuff, don't go mine a stack of diamonds and then tell me you want to be restored to a backup, because the restoration is just going to put you back to whatever state your character save was at when the backup got made.

I think that's everything--if I've forgotten any pertinent points, Eccentrus and Tl8 were around while I was fixing stuff, so ask them.

As always, let me know if anyone sees any other issues.

Hmuda

Reaction score
It happened once last night, so I stashed away everything before logging. The worst that can happen is that I log in to find a few extra stone tools on me. I think I can live with that. :)

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My inventory is fine.

Also, I had a jungle tree in the tree farm as of last night. Someone cut it down since then and didn't replace it with any saplings. :(

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I just logged on and saw we rolled back far enough, and that i had it all. Weird. Next time i see her on, i'll give it all back again.
Define "it all"--I replaced much of what she'd lost thinking it had vanished entirely, but if you've actually got it, that's interesting. I replaced 9 stacks of sandstone, half a stack of darkwood logs, and an iron pickaxe--if you've got any of that back that you'd previously given her, just destroy it.

And there's still no nether or something (?)
Nether works fine for me. Blaze grinder also seems to work, although LWC seems to have had a brain fart about the buttons and called them private instead of public--if anyone sees any other similar issues let me know.

Also, I had a jungle tree in the tree farm as of last night. Someone cut it down since then and didn't replace it with any saplings.
More likely it just never got saved properly--wacky stuff can happen when the server runs out of hard drive space. If I catch you on I can give you back the saplings, if you don't have any left.

Last edited:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
More likely it just never got saved properly--wacky stuff can happen when the server runs out of hard drive space. If I catch you on I can give you back the saplings, if you don't have any left.

I may not be on until tomorrow or so. Is there a place you could put a sapling, a chest or something? If I gave you a location, would that work? Or do you need me online?

Last edited:

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I may not be on until tomorrow or so. Is there a place you could put a sapling, a chest or something? If I gave you a location, would that work? Or do you need me online?

Ah, that was me. I cut it down hoping to get more saplings. This didn't occur....

I then tried to get to the nether to get some more but something broke.

Next time I think a large tree will be required, I have noticed that the jungle trees in general have a lower sapling rate.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ah, that was me. I cut it down hoping to get more saplings. This didn't occur....
Since this wasn't caused by the crash, I won't be gifting you any saplings, Arrowstar...sorry. Take it out of tl8's flesh ;)

Can you elaborate on what broke? I double-checked your permissions and you're the same as everyone else, so I don't see why it wouldn't be working for you.

Are people still having trouble with the nether?

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Since this wasn't caused by the crash, I won't be gifting you any saplings, Arrowstar...sorry. Take it out of tl8's flesh ;)

Can you elaborate on what broke? I double-checked your permissions and you're the same as everyone else, so I don't see why it wouldn't be working for you.

Are people still having trouble with the nether?

When ever I try to enter a portal, is kicks me out and says it doesn't go anywhere.

Also even though I have slept in a bed, my spawn is still set to the stargate.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
The nether is working fine for me :shrug: I did lose a set of Iron Armour which I could do with getting back in the reset though.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Next time I think a large tree will be required, I have noticed that the jungle trees in general have a lower sapling rate.

Okay, that's fine. Just please make sure you don't cut anything down on my island! :)

Oh, when's the theme park starting? :)

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I did lose a set of Iron Armour which I could do with getting back in the reset though.
Made you a set out of my personal iron stash. It's in the mailbox outside my wilderness shack.
Edit: Which isn't actually in the wilderness anymore, now that the city has built up around it. Guess it's time to move elsewhere so I can resume my hermit-like ways...

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Made you a set out of my personal iron stash. It's in the mailbox outside my wilderness shack.
Edit: Which isn't actually in the wilderness anymore, now that the city has built up around it. Guess it's time to move elsewhere so I can resume my hermit-like ways...

Do it the Kamina Island way!

Step 1: Chose a direction.

Step 2: Go extremely far in that direction.

Step 3: Claim a massive swath of land (or the entire island proper) as yours!

It's kept me a sovereign nation all of this time.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score

when you're set and done building your hermit home somewhere far away, the Leeuwenhoek will always be available to be your home away from home, just choose from any of the rooms that are still free, I won't charge you for this, just follow the convention, lock the door, and change the sign's name :tiphat:

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
As some of you are aware, the next big city project will be a Theme Park.

The rough location for this park is here:

The process of construction will be via a design and build tender.
You will be required to design the entry, collect materials and then build it.

I will allow 3-4 weeks for each ride/display/building entry to be designed. It can be any theme. Only prototyped designs will be allowed (So no drawings), but it doesn't need to be built on the server (IE creative is fine).

Each entry will require the name of the entry, description or any features, the size of the entry (in 4 dimensions (Length, Width, Height above ground, Height below ground)), how long it will take to build and the payment required to the creators for the entry (eg Diamonds, a sign saying you built it etc...).

The location indicated above is just a guide, more space can be used and entries that use the surrounding terrain are highly sort after.

Once the tenders are submitted, the winning entries will be given permission to start. You will be assigned a block of land to build on. You will then be given the amount of time you planned plus a bit extra to actually build the entry

Failure to complete the entry in the allotted time will forfeit your payment and entry and another entry will be assigned in its place.

You will have to collect materials yourself so it would probably be advantageous to enter as a part of a team.

Edit: For entries with flexible designs (Like a railway), design and prototype the station and track elements like straights, corners and diagonals. When awarding the entry, you will be notified of the intended route.

Last edited:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know this is low priority, but there was apparently a Creeper explosion in the courthouse down by the Magma Wall of Shame or whatever it's called. Stairs and some of the flooring is out. Just FYI. :)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know this is low priority, but there was apparently a Creeper explosion in the courthouse down by the Magma Wall of Shame or whatever it's called. Stairs and some of the flooring is out. Just FYI. :)
IIRC the magma wall burned the stairs. They've been that way for quite a while...