Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ah, okay. I guess I don't feel back for not trying to replace the wood planks then. :)

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Question about the blaze grinder: is there any optimal way to use it to increase blaze rod output?

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
To who ever took the powered rails from the climb in to my bio-dome return them as that section is now broken.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

This has been solved, no harm was intended so no worrys.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've had a Thought stewing for a while, and I think I've mentioned it to some of you, but I figured I'd put it out for more public discussion:

How would people feel about a world (on the current server) or another server (same IP, different port) that's a pure PvP experience? My thoughts:
- Anything goes--kill people, blow up stuff, whatever
- World resets once a week or once a month, so that if someone gets too big of an advantage the playing field is level again shortly thereafter
- If it's a world on the existing server, you can't take items in--when you take the portal to the PvP world, you get dropped into a random location, nekkid, with no items
- Possible "hardcore" mode--if you die, that's it for you until the world resets (or some variation thereof, maybe just "can't use beds to reset spawn and when you spawn it's a random location" or something)
- Possible different "modes"--CTF, FFA, team versions of both
- Rewards for winning player/team? Something valuable in the "normal" server?

Thoughts? Would anyone be interested in this?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Cross-dimensional Megarena? Sounds like nothing but awesome.

Of course, the entrance portal must be enshrined in a colossal temple to the gods of blood... :hmm:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I personally would probably not be too terribly interested. Might pop in here and there for kicks, but I really like the creative side of MC, not the destructive. :)

Chub777

Reaction score
To who ever took the powered rails from the climb in to my bio-dome return them as that section is now broken.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

This has been solved, no harm was intended so no worrys.

:facepalm:

I accidentally broke this when I fixed your cobble generator. Some of the rails disappeared and since I didn't have gold, I couldn't replace the powered rails. I've also forgotten to notify you of this. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I've had a Thought stewing for a while, and I think I've mentioned it to some of you, but I figured I'd put it out for more public discussion:

How would people feel about a world (on the current server) or another server (same IP, different port) that's a pure PvP experience? My thoughts:
- Anything goes--kill people, blow up stuff, whatever
- World resets once a week or once a month, so that if someone gets too big of an advantage the playing field is level again shortly thereafter
- If it's a world on the existing server, you can't take items in--when you take the portal to the PvP world, you get dropped into a random location, nekkid, with no items
- Possible "hardcore" mode--if you die, that's it for you until the world resets (or some variation thereof, maybe just "can't use beds to reset spawn and when you spawn it's a random location" or something)
- Possible different "modes"--CTF, FFA, team versions of both
- Rewards for winning player/team? Something valuable in the "normal" server?

Thoughts? Would anyone be interested in this?

I like this idea. A world/server where we do something that isn't just survival.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
I have furnished a rail line between Sudra and Sky City, (bring your own carts). I will build a permanent station when i know where to build it, at the Sudra end i will connect it to the N/S lines there when i have a design that works i the space i have.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A rail line between OFMC and SkyCity sounds awesome. Yay!

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
And it is done as well, nice job Evil_Onyx :D

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

seems weird, I can access the dynmap but unable to login into the server.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
And it is done as well, nice job Evil_Onyx :D

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

seems weird, I can access the dynmap but unable to login into the server.

Something may have broken, I'll look into it.

Edit: Yes, something appears to have broken, and there's nothing more I can do to fix it from work. I'll be able to look into it further when I get home (~8 hours).

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Server's back up. No idea what happened--it was still running when I got home, and I shut it down cleanly before restarting the server machine.

As always, please let me know if you run into any weird issues.

Hmuda

Reaction score
There, I fix'd it. :3

oAIEK.jpg

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
That is the plate for the Sky City, due in a month or so. Yeah we only get the darkness but not the shadow, mobs don't burn up anymore and still the shadow is, well, very buggy.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There, I fix'd it. :3

oAIEK.jpg

Very nice! Can't wait to start on the upper plate. :)

---------- Post added 06-26-12 at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-25-12 at 03:24 PM ----------

I'm having intermittent problems connecting to the server. Anyone else?

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm helping with the SkyCity project that Eccentrus is currently leading. Part of what I'm currently working on will be the city university. I've been prototyping in creative mode what I'd like to do and I have some screenshots I thought I'd share. Nothing is finished, and that turret will not be where it is now in the actual version: I wanted to try building it without needing too much extra infrastructure. :)

This first picture shows the front of the university, the prototype east wing, and a prototype turret tower. The latter is probably not as tall as it will be when built for real, but I was primarily interested in just getting the look and feel down. Don't mind the purple wool, those are distance markers so I know how much space I'm using. :)
20120627114341.png

A view of the entrance hall. No flooring in, but I suspect it will probably be wool (carpet) with the university seal on it. The grand staircase is in the background.
20120627114436.png

A view of a lounge, again with no flooring. Will have tables, seats, chests, books, and the like to make it feel comfy when I get it finished on Hielor's server.
20120627114454.png

A view of the classroom inside the turret. As of now, the university will have three departments: engineering, astronomy, and ecology. Various classrooms and laboratories will be built for each. I'm aiming for there to be actual instructional value in visiting, such as instructions for building a BUD mechanism or so forth.
20120627114524z.png

Obviously this building will require a lot of clay, so donations will be welcome! And, as usual, comments and suggestions also welcome! :tiphat:

Chub777

Reaction score
Good luck with the skycity project! I've been inactive lately and have neglected the town hall. I'll promise it will be done...soon.:thumbup: