Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
Already more than a month since I logged in? I thought it was only 2 weeks. I think I started digging tunnel to join the glass line with 2nd witch farm's portal in nether, or at least I logged out at the point where I intended to start digging it. :p

Last time I was playing for a moment I thought there will be more people, as there were 3 at the same time, but all the next week and a few days I was all alone when I finished building the 2nd witch farm.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Already more than a month since I logged in? I thought it was only 2 weeks. I think I started digging tunnel to join the glass line with 2nd witch farm's portal in nether, or at least I logged out at the point where I intended to start digging it. :p

Last time I was playing for a moment I thought there will be more people, as there were 3 at the same time, but all the next week and a few days I was all alone when I finished building the 2nd witch farm.
It's certainly possible the timespan was inaccurate. As all the great server administrators say...the logs show nothing!

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
Has the server been taken down? The dynmap is timing out and I can't connect to it, either.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What, people actually still care about it? :lol:

I've poked it with a stick, server should be back up now.

Gerdih

Reaction score
I have emmigrated to Space Engineers, if I could say so, since the game hardly works on my PC since some months

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
So, this era seems to be over. But is the world somewhere available, so we can at least conserve to imense amount of work that flowed into those impressive architectural artworks?

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
But is the world somewhere available
The server only needs some poking or kicking again, and then of course you'll need to connect with it with 1.7.10 client.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
I would like to import the finished structures of the sky city if possible, I really didn't have time for the industry and tenacity needed for the finishing of those few structures, at least people can enjoy those works online this way.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The server only needs some poking or kicking again, and then of course you'll need to connect with it with 1.7.10 client.
Confirmed; possibly a poke AND a kick this time.

That said, if people would just prefer the world(s) to be posted online so they can download and peruse at their leisure, I can do that too.

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

Currently working on bringing the server back up, should be up within the hour.

Also just realized that CraftBukkit is still down from that stupid DMCA request nearly a year ago? Le sigh.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

Server's back up, but not sure how long it'll stay up. The machine seems to be having issues with the power supply.

Backups are safe regardless; I'll be uploading the entirety of the last backup somewhere for people to download some time tomorrow.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ugh. In that case, how about this:

http://1drv.ms/1P4vkGa

That's a zip file containing the last backup (from June), including the "orbiterworld", "super-survival world", "resource world", and their associated nethers/ends. Should be fairly trivial for someone who knows what they're doing to drop the worlds into their own server or singleplayer instance and browse around, or extract things for their own usage in another world.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
And so the Minecraft era ends...

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
And so the Minecraft era ends...

I started playing in 2010 around around the first or second alpha release. I haven't had the interest to play since around late 2012. Not sure why, but it just wore thin after a few years.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The novelty has indeed kind of worn off, particularly with all the other games around now that are in the same "sandbox survival" genre, often with better graphics.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Almost 4 years later...

2018-12-05_12.09.55.png

In a bout of nostalgia i've been yanking chunks out of the server's backup and converting them into modern Minecraft's format.

I've made a couple of maps, at one pixel per block.
The overworld, 22Mb - http://orbides.org/img/ofms_map_over.png

A slice of the nether, 0.4 Mb. It's very 3D, so this does not tell much - http://orbides.org/img/ofms_map_nether.png

Someone left a message in front of Delta Crateris, almost as if expecting that to happen. :/

This prompted me to yank out the Watchtower and check the headlines:
2018-12-05_12.50.39.png

2018-12-05_12.50.47.png

The offer of gold for dirt is no longer valid - the Gold Pillar stopped working in modern versions, as spawn mechanics changed.
2018-12-05_12.35.50.png

There is so much stuff in there, scattered all over the place.
Yanked an island at random, and there is a port and a house with a moat of fire.
2018-12-05_13.28.48.png

Another mansion, vaguely familiar.
2018-12-05_13.37.36.png

A shuttle hangar in the desert, naturally. :/
2018-12-05_13.42.20.png

No idea where else to look.
Initially i just wanted to export my own builds, but now i wonder if there is anything worthwhile to be done with all that time and effort people placed into this game.

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
Found the little area that I was working in on the map. :thumbup:

Good times.

Attachments

• zerofay32_minecraft.jpg
    zerofay32_minecraft.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 19

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Wow. That is so weird. Out of the blue, for no reason, I was just thinking about this server over the weekend. Remembering some of the underground mines I'd found while exploring in, I think, the southwest part of the map, and working on building a railway in the Nether to connect it all to the main settlement.

Just amazing to me that you picked within a few days of me having that though to post this.

**Edit** Any chance you could post the backup, Artlav? Hielor's old link doesn't seem to be functional any longer.

Thanks,
2VU

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Found the little area that I was working in on the map.

Neat.

2018-12-05_22.03.39.png

2018-12-05_22.03.56.png

2018-12-05_22.04.52.png

2018-12-05_22.06.09.png

2018-12-05_22.06.26.png

Looks like that all ended before I ever started playing Minecraft...
Well, it's an 8 year old game and it's days of popularity were back in 2012-2014.

Any chance you could post the backup, Artlav? Hielor's old link doesn't seem to be functional any longer.
Not any time soon - it's a multi-Gb file and i'm on mobile till the end of the week at least.

Not even sure i can host a file that large, so i'll have to figure out Dropbox or something.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Wait one...

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Nope. I only seem to have the world before that one.
HdC1WMs.png