How did you find Orbiter?

Cochise

Reaction score
I found Orbiter a year or 2 ago after reading about it in Discover magazine. It was a section of the mag that shows good books, tv shows, or games related to science. Thank you Discover magazine for helping me discover Orbiter!

Columbia42

Reaction score
I found it in Discover magazine. There was an article about space tourism and it talked about how to experience space for varying amounts of money. It listed Orbiter under the "free" section.

Lionclaw

Reaction score
I can't really remember how I found it, but I discovered it in 2002 I think, didn't get hooked until I found it again in late 2003.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How did you get there?

Im pretty sure nobody gets to read the meets and greats so i decided to make this post about how did you discover orbiter and why do you do what you do. It offers a pretty good chance to introduce yourself without making an entire post on yourself...:salute:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
I discovered Orbiter two years ago on Wikipedia, i was looking at Celestia and under the similar applicatioons section there was a link to the Wikipedia article of Orbiter.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Im pretty sure nobody gets to read the meets and greats so i decided to make this post about how did you discover orbiter and why do you do what you do. It offers a pretty good chance to introduce yourself without making an entire post on yourself...:salute:

I often read the Meets & Greets section, and most of the time welcome the new members. I honestly don't see the point of this thread, too, since there is a section in the User CP where you can fill out how your found orbiter :shrug:

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
I googled 'Gravity simulator' and low on the first page was Orbiter. I downloaded it immediately, having dreamed of something like this.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
I've googled for 'most realistic space simulator' and found exactly what I've been looking for.

Keatah

Reaction score
I was looking for add-ons or tutorials and tips and tricks for MS SpaceSimulator at the time. When I discovered Orbiter I still didn't give up on MSS just yet. But then I saw one was going someplace, and the other was not.

Did you know MSS uses the same engine as FlightSim 5 ?? It does!

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
For me i wanted a simulator after watching Apollo 13. I searched and found orbiter. I looked at screenshots and thought it was too good to be true. I came back after a month to look at it again and downloaded it. I had no idea of win-zip files so i just opened orbiter.exe I saw no scenarios so i left it. But soon after i saw what i was doing wrong and downloaded it again and got the simulator of my dreams.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Looked for a Mercury simulator for the PC, at the same time as I had my first basic spaceflight technology lecture. Quickly found Orbiter there, quickly started using it as tool for learning during the lecture, quickly started making add-ons as professional C++ developer only 3 months later.

Dambuster

Reaction score
I've been trying to remember how I found Orbiter for a very long time now...

At a guess, I'd say I came across it either as I was searching for free (flight) sims on the internet, or I came across the M6 forums, or perhaps it was from one of the occasional posts about it on the Aces High forums...

Interceptor

Reaction score
I was on one of the FS2004 sites,and it linked me to mustards,site,and eventualy to Dans DGIV site,and then finally ended up at the orbiter 2006 download site.

Wonderer

Reaction score
I saw a video on youtube of a shuttle reentering in orbiter.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I was searching for a Firefly mod for Freelancer. One link led to another and here it is...
I donwloaded Orbiter just so I could use the Firefly (or Grey Goose in the download). 2 1/2 years later, I'm still learning.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was watching videos of Chellenger disaster when I came across a Space Shuttle launch video recorded in Orbiter. It peaked my interest...