How to install add ons

mach25

Reaction score
I tried to install the X-15 add with the latest build of orbiter but it doesnt show up. Is there somewhere where I can get a detail description of how to install that series? I know it needs Vinkas spacecraft Dll. Do you rename the file when asked by winzip?

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Have you checked the directories where X-15 should have been installed into? I'd suggest opening the zip file AND your Orbiter root dir, and then compare files to locations.

I haven't used X-15, but I have encountered addons that put the files into locations off the root directory, but not where they belonged. I.e., .msh files need to go into the Mesh directory, .scn files into Scenarios, .cfg into Config and .ini into /Config/Spacecraft/

DON'T CHANGE .dll FILE NAMES! Really, it won't work, and it may even cause some spectacular crashes.

mach25

Reaction score
Thanks Nomad...yeah I will check that...I ran the add on dianostic tool and it said I was missing the spacecraft.dll and spacecraft.cfg for Vinkas . I installed Spacecraft3 and can see those files OK....maybe I 'm missing something.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Spacecraft.dll could be the problem as well. There are several versions, with spacecraft3.dll being the latest. This is not backward compatible, and if X-15 needs spacecraft.dll, that's the one to install.

All versions are available at http://users.swing.be/vinka/

mach25

Reaction score
I tried that didnt work...I have spacecraft3 installed but Vinkas spacecraft doesnt show up in the launch window. Must be the way the files installed. Too bad there isnt a third party installer to make all this easier.