Request Hunger Games/Catching Fire Hovership

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
You enjoyed the hoverships? I thought the appeal of the Hunger Games flicks was seeing cute little Jennifer Lawrence stomping around the woods with bows and arrows, killing the living daylights out of everyone she meets and feasting on their steaming entrails.

Ok, I made the entrails thing up.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I thought the appeal of the Hunger Games flicks was seeing cute little Jennifer Lawrence stomping around the woods with bows and arrows, killing the living daylights out of everyone she meets and feasting on their steaming entrails.

So did I, but then I realised that there is a lot less of that stuff than could be reasonably expected (well, there's a lot of stomping around the woods, granted, but really not much of anything else...).

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I only watched to see Jennifer Lawrence in a tight bodysuit. But then, I'm a dude.
Stomping around in the woods was all secondary.

A girl I worked with was an extra as a member of the public in the "Capitol". She sent pretty regular FB selfies from the movie set.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I only watched to see Jennifer Lawrence in a tight bodysuit. But then, I'm a dude.

:thumbup:

Stomping around in the woods was all secondary.

I'd build her a terrarium to stomp around in, dude.

A girl I worked with was an extra as a member of the public in the "Capitol". She sent pretty regular FB selfies from the movie set.

Can one do that? I thought they would execute people for much less now...

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
Yes I admit, seeing JLAW all bound up was interesting to say the least, but, this is orbiter. If some one would like to model JLAW as an EVA, as well as make the hover ship, that could be a double wammy!!!:cool:

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes I admit, seeing JLAW all bound up was interesting to say the least, but, this is orbiter. If some one would like to model JLAW as an EVA, as well as make the hover ship, that could be a double wammy!!!:cool:

CNN Breaking News: Flight Simulator called Orbiter blamed for declining fertility rates.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So did I, but then I realised that there is a lot less of that stuff than could be reasonably expected (well, there's a lot of stomping around the woods, granted, but really not much of anything else...).

Were probably getting off topic with the Jlaw fantasies but here is my rant:

They make movies and books like this to entice "powerless" teen girls into buying this garbage...and they often fail to include any hardcore violence and turmoil associated with a dystopian society...so for 2 hours they can feel like they are "in control" of their world without throwing up from the sight of blood and entrails...Then there are the boys who watch the movie just to see Ms Lawrence because parental controls block google image search...Then there is dan(me) who (reluctantly)watches the movie(i work part time at a theatre) conflicted over whether its morally right to hit on the girls in the seat next to me.

Last edited:

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
I kinda thought the books were lackluster in general, though the ending of everything was something unexpected from a book targeted at teens.

Then again, reading the whole thing reeked of "I'm trying to push my philosophy through foofy stories" a la Rand, Goodkind. Wasn't a terrible read, but it didn't really capture me as other books I enjoy.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I kinda thought the books were lackluster in general, though the ending of everything was something unexpected from a book targeted at teens.

Then again, reading the whole thing reeked of "I'm trying to push my philosophy through foofy stories" a la Rand, Goodkind. Wasn't a terrible read, but it didn't really capture me as other books I enjoy.

I think the books are too good for Hollywood, because they are pretty disturbing and conspiring, nothing for people with underlying paranoia. But more accessible than many better examples.

And comparing them to Ayn Rand is pretty insulting IMHO - have you ever read this Atlas nonsense?

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
I think the books are too good for Hollywood, because they are pretty disturbing and conspiring, nothing for people with underlying paranoia. But more accessible than many better examples.

And comparing them to Ayn Rand is pretty insulting IMHO - have you ever read this Atlas nonsense?

I have, and it's straight garbage. I'd rank these books maybe a notch or two higher.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You enjoyed the hoverships? I thought the appeal of the Hunger Games flicks was seeing cute little Jennifer Lawrence stomping around the woods with bows and arrows, killing the living daylights out of everyone she meets and feasting on their steaming entrails.

Ok, I made the entrails thing up.

My response belongs in the Basement.