OHM International Space Station v.3.2

Reaction score
Help?

Can somebody help me? I installed this addon on my Orbiter 2010, but when I click on any scenarios and launch the game (I tried six scenarios, so I assume for all of them; bad statistics, I know, but I just need aid) the game comes up with "Critical Error" thing and when I check the log, it come with "Error: no vehicle class configuration file found for" and followed by what I think is the vehicle file's name...I follow the manual and downloaded the Microsoft 3.5 framework, but to no prevail.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
can you post your orbiter.log?

Reaction score
Okay, I found out the problem...sorry for the inconvenience. But it led to another problem. The original problem was that I don't have a required addon, but now one of the requirements is Shuttle Fleet 4.5 and its service pack 1, which both I do not have....And probably never have...Sigh.

Reaction score
Okay...I don't see the Fleet itself, other than the release 2 and 3, so I am taking that the release 3 is the most updated version and I don't need release 2? And if not, where is the original Shuttle Fleet 4.8? And lastly, does the 4.8 release include service pack 1 for 4.5?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Release 3? I only saw a release 3 for the Buran.
But yes, Shuttle Fleet 4.8 release 2 has the service pack mentioned included in the package.

Reaction score
So, I am going to assume that the release 3 has buran plus the other things in original release and release 2 of 4.8 and download it...hopefully this works...And I don't exactly have a "clean" installation...but I think it will be just fine...

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone use the ISSR SSRMS outside of the included scenarios (ie attached to other stations)? I know OFSS II did this, but haven't been able to so much as attach the thing to another vehicle. The documentation says nothing about it, and some forum searches have revealed nothing further.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
So, I am going to assume that the release 3 has buran plus the other things in original release and release 2 of 4.8 and download it...hopefully this works...And I don't exactly have a "clean" installation...but I think it will be just fine...

Buran release 3 is the Russian (Soviet) BURAN, not the shuttle (although it acts like it, and does what the shuttle does). The controls are the same, and autoFCS works like a champ.

Shuttle Fleet 4.8 release 2 is the American shuttle (Columbia, Challanger, Discovery, Endeavour, Atlantis, Enterprise with the addition of Intrepid and Constitution (I think I'm missing something, but I'm at work and can't check)).

The attachement system works the same for both and the controls are all pretty much the same.

The shuttle isn't overly complicated, but it is pretty essential to read the manual.

Reaction score
Understood, downloading release 2 and 3 together now. (Well, I like Buran, so..I just had to get it :yes:)

Qapla

Reaction score
Im having a problem unzipping it, i get corrupt texture warning and unexpected end of archive, tried it a few times, never had this problem last time i downloaded it months ago. Could be a temporary connection problem will try later but all other files are unzipping ok.

Alexrey

Reaction score
I apologise if this has already been asked, but is there a way to take manual control of the Soyuz launcher when playing the ISS missions. Pressing M doesn't seem to enable manual control.

Castor

Reaction score
In the ISS missions, the focus is set to the second stage for a better view of the rocket. If you want to take manual control right from launch, shift the vessel focus to 'Launcher' and then press M.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Regarding the ShuttleBay vessel:

I wish this had more documentation. I'm trying to add it to other Shuttle Fleet scenarios.

I like the special effects that it adds, however it also apparently adds its own docking adapter. Is there anyway of getting rid of it? I'm trying to add it to the STS-1 launch scenario, which certainly did not have a docking adapter.

Castor

Reaction score
Regarding the ShuttleBay vessel:
I'm trying to add it to the STS-1 launch scenario, which certainly did not have a docking adapter.

Just suggesting a temporary workaround:
1) Download the dummy mesh from [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3757"]here[/ame] and place the nothing.msh in your Meshes folder.

2) In the Config\Vessels\ISSR\STSBAY.cfg, add:

Meshname = nothing

This should override the default mesh, and ShuttleBay vessel will be invisible but will continue to give all the special effects. To restore it back to normal, just remove the above line.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
You've tried it and it works?

I tried and it looks as though the docking adapter is being added by the module. The nothing mesh had no effect. Perhaps I did something wrong?

Castor

Reaction score
I tried and it looks as though the docking adapter is being added by the module. The nothing mesh had no effect. Perhaps I did something wrong?

You are right, the docking adapter is still there. But the nothing mesh is actually there. For example, if you change the line to:

Meshname = carina

you can see that the Carina mesh appears at the middle of the vessel. Honestly, I have no clue as to why the mesh remains there. Maybe other orbinauts more experienced in coding can help us out there.

spaceflight

Reaction score
nice

a very nice addon i'll take the XR-2 and launch to the ISS for a awsome adventure :yes:

tofighter

Reaction score
I have a problem.I can,t attach new modules to the station :( Anyone help :)

Castor

Reaction score
I have a problem.I can,t attach new modules to the station :( Anyone help :)

If you are using the Space Shuttle, bring up the payload manager window by pressing Ctrl+<space> key. In it, check the "Show Grapple Points" box. You should now be able to see blue and red arrows (on both the station and the payload) which show you where to place the payload. The blue and red arrows must be perfectly lined up and also pointing in opposite directions for the attachment to work. Large modules have to be docked to the station.

If you need more clarification, we are more than happy to help you out.

Last edited: