Project IOS Rocket Family

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
This is a thread for the developement of the Interorbital Systems Family of Rocket systems.

It includes the following:

Neptune Rocket Series
N Core Propulsion Module(N30)
N9
N30
N36
N45
N1000
N4000

Manned/Cargo Capsules:
OSM/CM
IOS CM-1(Boiler Plate)
CM-6 and varients, CM-4, CM-7, CM
Ripper (Lunar Sample Return Vehicle)

TSAAHTO Rocket Series:
SeaStar
TSAAHTO Cargo
TSAAHTO Manned

I have 4 source documents, 3 are official, 1 is a compilation of links
and several images including the slide show of the list above. Some are good others not so good.

I'm currently working on the 3DS meshes for all the above, I've made progress on the Nep1000, See attached. This is a long term project, as I'm still working on my add-on making skills. Help, of course, is always welcome.

Attachments

• Neptune-1000-assembly-Plume-1-Ocean-Background-Insert-1-X-Logos-1-NB-Small.jpg
    Neptune-1000-assembly-Plume-1-Ocean-Background-Insert-1-X-Logos-1-NB-Small.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IOS Neptune 1000.png
    IOS Neptune 1000.png
    244 KB · Views: 38

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
IOS family Update

I worked on the IOS Neptune 30, still have alot to tweek, but I have the scale and basis for the rocket. The nose cone was tough, but I'm getting better. Both nose cones are in the proper number segments, but still have to make the basics for the CM and the Tube sat core.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IOS Neptune Family.png
    IOS Neptune Family.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 15

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I wonder if the Neptune 1000 is even stable. Especially with that plus-shaped profile when viewed from the top, and all those really thin tanks and engines.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I wonder if the Neptune 1000 is even stable. Especially with that plus-shaped profile when viewed from the top, and all those really thin tanks and engines.

Should work, It is like many thin wires together forming a strong cable.

But the dynamics of such a system are mildly described as unpredictable. The vibration and aerodynamic loads should be pretty complex.

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
Should work, It is like many thin wires together forming a strong cable.

But the dynamics of such a system are mildly described as unpredictable. The vibration and aerodynamic loads should be pretty complex.

It's too bad Milron and Randa don't publish more tech info...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It's too bad Milron and Randa don't publish more tech info...

I don't even expect them to actually have much of such data. I know how much effort it takes at a top three car manufacturer to simulate just a single aspect of a single iteration of a new car in terms of manpower and computer power. And how many people are involved in the process from deciding to simulate something to the meeting at which the findings are discussed. For a big car manufacturer, such a simulation is everyday business, done multiple times per day. They can afford it. I doubt IOS could afford a number of computation engineers plus the many workers needed for preparing simulation models properly and post-process the simulation results.

Maybe a few Matlab-Simulink class simulations exist of the coarse vehicle performance. I suspect they will rather test prototypes instead of simulating much or gathering lots of data to feed into a simulation model for processing.

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
I don't even expect them to actually have much of such data. ...I suspect they will rather test prototypes instead of simulating much or gathering lots of data to feed into a simulation model for processing.

Yes, that sounds about par, if you have seen the photos at all, it looks like they have a very small operation, and big dreams. They still need to get the first rocket off the ground and into orbit.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yes, that sounds about par, if you have seen the photos at all, it looks like they have a very small operation, and big dreams. They still need to get the first rocket off the ground and into orbit.

Yes. It is sad. You need to think big sometimes.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
People are complaining about the Falcon Heavy having too many motors like the N1, and no one is complaining about this launcher?

But I hope that it will work.

Last edited:

sputnik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.worldof2001.com
Cute! Very very OTRAG. In fact, I didn't realize how OTRAG the design was until you posted this, Capt Hensley. Thanks!

I started a Velcro OTRAG once, but found some discrepancies in my source materials partway through and never resolved it all. Still, I did show you can do a many-piece add-on that way, but also that you're much better off grouping whole clusters of modules into their common stage. I look forward to seeing more of this!