Reaction score

Author: ace102

Islands in the Pacific Ocean:

Tetiaroa Island
Easter Island
Maupiti Island
San Ambrosio Island
San Felix Island 

My goal is to recreate all the Islands in the Pacific Ocean with a 3D landscape. All the mesh I build myself from images I find on the internet. Had a hard time getting good images of some of the islands. So I did my best to recreate the 3D landscape so that it looks like the real thing.  To start with I only did a few small Islands to see how it will look.

Enjoy!!

DOWNLOAD

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
You need to put in there that it needs UCGO for the Statues on Easter Island Scenario.

Ace102

Reaction score
Yes sorry about that. That was a last minute addition I made. :facepalm:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hehe, now we have to be careful when dumping Progresses...

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Looks beautiful, even the level 11 textures were from little help when searching for small island :thumbup:

I especially like your trees, it is a rare thing in Orbiter !

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Rather Lovely.

N.

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Looks cool! But from what I can see of those runways, you'd better hope whatever you're landing has some good brakes...or at least a bathing suit in the trunk! :lol:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Looks cool! But from what I can see of those runways, you'd better hope whatever you're landing has some good brakes...or at least a bathing suit in the trunk!

Time to put those hover engines into use, they should allow to slow down without stalling ;) I know Harriers can do "hybrid" approaches like that (with their thrusters in 45° position).

Ark

Reaction score
Very cool. The postage stamp-sized runways provide an interesting challenge, I have to hammer the retro thrusters and airbrakes as soon as I hit the runway in an XR2.

Maupiti in particular seems to have some framerate issues, though, it drops it as bad as Orbiter City.

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
Sweet. I created a bad Easter island for my West Coast Space Shuttle operations but this much better.

Trivia note: Easter Island was the "TAL" abort landing site for the shuttle if it had ever actualy flew out of VAFB.

Iacomus Maximus

Reaction score
How to do what you did...

These are great !!! :thumbup::tiphat::cheers:
I recently tried to do Christmas Island N1.85 W157.40 (to be my own private spaceport) and failed miserably.
:beathead:
I tried to follow the instructions I found in the forums and many of them were confusing and contradictory.
Could you please take some time and compile a set of instructions and tools that you used to make these?

Thanks in advance,
[email protected]

:bighug:

Ace102

Reaction score
Hi

I am use a small program called EarthSculptor. You can copy your texture image into the programs texture directory and the paint it onto the 3d landscape block. Then you have different tools to create your landscape with. When done you can save it in an object file and convert it to a 3ds file with Animor. You can also then save the image texture to match with your new 3d landscape.

If you can get hold of very good high maps it can convert it into a 3d landscape too.

Hope it helps. Just play around with it. Can do lots with it.

Cheers.

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
It's pretty good.I had to land my space shuttle here on saturday heres a pic:

Attachments

• 11.03.12 12-54-18 Discovery.jpg
    11.03.12 12-54-18 Discovery.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 51