Updates ISS over Yorkshire

streb2001

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Amazing magnitude -3 pass of the ISS this evening and setting just left of the rising full moon, beautiful. Even better about 30s behind it in a similar orbit was a much dimmer object that must have been Georges Lemaitre. What a treat!:cheers:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Amazing magnitude -3 pass of the ISS this evening and setting just left of the rising full moon, beautiful. Even better about 30s behind it in a similar orbit was a much dimmer object that must have been Georges Lemaitre. What a treat!:cheers:

Had seen it on Saturday from Wolfsburg... with Lemaitre ahead of it by about half a minute and the station as extremely bright light, like a flare.... And while the ISS passed over the town, there was also a huge shooting star between me and the ISS.

Last edited:

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I saw it at an annual summer party on Saturday, too in upper western Washington State, here stateside. With the Moon and the meteor shower, I felt like it was a extra special treat. Even if I hadn't known where to look, I would have known it was the ISS. Brightest artificial satellite in the sky.

Led to an interesting argument with me occupying the position that any kind of space projects IS NOT A TOTAL WASTE of money, and having to explain just how small NASA's budget is.