Gaming Kerbal Space Program 2 (currently in Early Access)

clipper

Reaction score
Now, Starfield is coming fast and I don't know whether to finally upgrade my PC or get a cheap Xbox One X for it, given that I will absolutely want to play it, in all its buggy glory.
Far better modding support alone makes it worth going for PC over Xbox. While you can mod Bethesda games on consoles as well now, you're basically limited to Bethesda.net selection (which is minuscule compared to the stuff you'll find on Nexus Mods) and you don't have access to script extenders which allow for some of the more complex (and interesting) mods out there. My impression is that they're really pushing Starfield to a more sandbox direction with the whole 1k+ planets thing, so it's probably gonna be less narrative-focused and more on world-building/exploration (meaning less Fallout 4 and more Skyrim) - so the modding scene is likely going to be pretty huge, and could potentially fix many of the inevitable problems or lack of features Bethesda won't bother fixing and implementing.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I mean, I know what's going on, but I haven't ever fired it up for a long time. I'd still be on horizons anyways, and that only because they finally threw it at everyone, and I never played online anyways, so I don't mind being decoupled (I mean, I'm a backend developer... I hear "decoupling", I immediately feel better :LOL: ).
It is no Horizons/Odyssey question anymore. There now are 2 versions of the Horizons client as well: one running the old version of the engine, and one running the new Odyssey engine, which still is not optimized. I think they just gave up on it. This newer engine is now the "live" system, i.e. it is the only one that receives updates and development. In addition, the "legacy" system is a completely different server, so in essence whatever you do in this old systems will stay there, nothing gets forwarded to the "live" system. No progress, no credits, no unlocks, no BGS changes.

In essence you are forced to use the new engine with massive performance problems.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
So, a few patches in how are we doing? I really want to like this game, but I just can't justify it at this price point. Has it improved at all yet?

AtomicTech

Reaction score
Website
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
It's a lot more stable and runs a bit better :)
I'd recommend hopping over to the forums and asking around about it; we've got our fair share of community disagreement ;)