Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Thanks. Fixed.
It results from keeping compatibility with the 2006 version (yes, the 10 years old one), where an incorrect conditional compilation command was used.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hi Enjo. I can't get launch MFD v1.6.4 working in Orbiter 2016. I installed as usual, and I installed the VC++ 2005 Redistributable Package as instructed. Double checked the module was activated, but it doesn't seem to be working in orbiter or orbiter_ng. Hopefully I'm not missing something obvious, but I sure don't see it. The MFD doesn't appear on the list of MFDs to choose from. :hmm:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Hi Tex.
You still need both ModuleMessagingExt and HUDDrawer.

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6966"]ModuleMessagingExt for Orbiter 2016[/ame]
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6023"]HUDDrawer SDK v.0.4 for Orbiter 2016[/ame]

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks Ripley! Just as I feared, I was missing something completely obvious. I quickly scanned over (and missed that in) the description on OH and instead went straight to the doc for requirements. :facepalm:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
I quickly scanned over (and missed that in) the description on OH and instead went straight to the doc for requirements. :facepalm:
Criticism accepted... lol

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
No criticism intended. I should have noticed the obvious requirements you put on OHM. I simply didn't read that. I saw Launch MFD for Orbiter 2016 and I was like, "yep, I know what that is...downloading immediately!" :lol:

qbit

Reaction score
I'm trying to use LaunchMFD on the moon with the Delta Glider. I set an escape course back to Earth with TransX. When I target LaunchMFD to TransX, everything looks good. I launch and enable the auto pilot. Ascent is good. Then at 6 km it suddenly goes vertical and just keeps going in this direction forever. Makes a huge orbit, and the TMEC counter basically stops counting down (counts very slowly). It's supposed to launch into an orbit of 20 km based on what I set in TransX. I've got this to work great when launching from Earth.

Am I doing something wrong or was it not designed to be used on the Moon? I've tried doing it with 10% throttle, and it does the same thing at about 6 km altitude.

Thanks,
Paul

Edit: I got it working. I was apparently still going too fast at what I thought was 10% throttle. Also, sorry if this should have gone into the general MFD questions forum.

Last edited:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Edit: I got it working. I was apparently still going too fast at what I thought was 10% throttle.
Yep, you nailed it. The same thing goes for Mars, proportionally to the planet's gravitational acceleration.

Also, sorry if this should have gone into the general MFD questions forum.
No, it's perfectly fine.

Zandy12

Add-on Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hey guys I need help. I can't see the option to open Launch MFD in the MFD selection. I did everything correctly I have VC++2005, enabled in modules, put folders in proper places, and have the 2016 version. I still can't get to work please help. I'm using Orbiter 2016 btw.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
The launch MFD HUD is not visible when flying the XR2 in Orbiter 2016. It works fine on other vessels, though. Also, works fine with XR2 in Orbiter 2010.

I'm not sure if this is a launch MFD issue or an XR issue. Anyone else notice this?

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
It could be, that XR is still derived from the older VESSEL3 class, instead of VESSEL4 - now the reference, which I have to support foremost.

All (only) VESSEL3 - derived vessels are supported in Orbiter 2010 and all (only) VESSEL4 in Orbiter 2016

Last edited:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Nope

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

My question to you now would be: does it work for other vessels for you guys?
Bah. Boogabooga answered to this question. Also, the fact that HUD + XR works for Orbiter 2010 makes me more convinced about my hypothesis.

Last edited:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
The XR vessels still extend VESSEL3, not VESSEL4, since they neither use nor need any VESSEL4-specific methods.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Then I don't have to explain to you now, that this is the only reason why HUDDrawer doesn't work for your vessels. It would be great if you did derive from VESSEL4 and provide just empty / default implementations.

Last edited:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Then I don't have to explain to you now, that this is the only reason why HUDDrawer doesn't work for your vessels. It would be great if you did derive from VESSEL4 and provide just empty / default implementations.

I have been talking with ADSWNJ about this, and he helped me test some new XR release candidates that extend VESSEL4, which I just released! Details here. :tiphat:

I00I

Not from this world
Reaction score
Can,t wait to try and give reviews..:hmm:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Hi Enjo.
I was moving my mp3s from OrbiterSound to XRSound default folders, and noticed/remembered the "LaunchMFDEnjo" folder.
Now, for those users who disable OrbiterSound to move to (or completely switch to) the new XRSound, maybe you could add an option in its cfg file, so users could choose their music folder, or choose their preferred sound engine.

Just an idea.