OHM Launch MFD - v. 1.6.6 for Orbiter 2016

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Or edit the MJD of that scenario (or its copy) to the correct value.
No need for the second fast forward.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Otherwise, it seems as though I need to load the scenario, fast forward until the RInc is at the lowest point, pause the simulation, write down the time, exit Orbiter, reload the scenario, then fast forward back to the time I'd written down -300 seconds. A bit tedious.

Or you could measure the time interval between two Rinc = 0.19° passes and then launch 300 seconds before the third pass.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Ah... that makes sense. The satellite never crosses the launch site, so there is no intersection.

Understandable. Still, I would prefer a "Best time to launch" countdown if nothing else.

It's not that easy, as it's impossible to target such a satellite in Launch MFD due too low inclination, so most of the calculations could not work, and you have a myriad of dependencies between these calculations.

Kinetics

Reaction score
Hi, how can I remove the 'party' music and chatter that I get at the start if I have this Launch MFD module running

I like the MFD but have my own music playing - how can I remove this feature ?

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
The MFD doesn't play music, it only plays some chatter. You probably confused the music with OrbiterSound functionality.
You can disable the chatter though in the config file - Config\MFD\LaunchMFD\LaunchMFD.cfg

Kinetics

Reaction score
Thanks - you're right

Is there any way to turn off the one from Orbiter Sound - I have searched everywhere for the WAV file that plays at the start.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
It's an easter egg. It should stop playing here in about an hour.

Kinetics

Reaction score
It's an easter egg. It should stop playing here in about an hour.
Ah ok cool lol - I thought it was a virus or something

I should say something about causation and correlation etc but bah

Last edited:

Keatah

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that orbiter doesn't (at least my config) respawn if this mfd is active? Orbiter will de-allocate and return to the launchpad fine. But it will not exit and respawn. It just plain old exits.

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that orbiter doesn't (at least my config) respawn if this mfd is active? Orbiter will de-allocate and return to the launchpad fine. But it will not exit and respawn. It just plain old exits.

I've seen this happen from time to time, but I've never noted a connection between when it happens and which MFD's I have running. Now that you mention this, I'll try to pay closer attention next time.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
I can't confirm this.

pitx

Reaction score
Is it possible to know whether the pich guidance is enable (flag or something like that on the MFD)?
I'm using the DGex vessel and of course I can't use the pitch guidance. Sometime I can't remenber if I've already disengaged it before engaging AP.

Great addon!

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Thank you!

You can see it by the Flight Director on both HUD and MFD being either on the same "height" as your direction marker or not. You can quickly switch the behavior with Shift+I to see the difference.

pitx

Reaction score
Indeed! Thank you!

An other question. The AP stop causes a 'kill rot' and a reset of trim. Is it possible to remove reset of trim when I'm not using pitch guidance ?

:)

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
I didn't think about it. Will do.

turtle91

Reaction score
Maybe I found a problem.
Currently I am trying to use UCD(Kulch's Universal Cargo Deck).
Ok...my Orbiter-Install is quite messy, but I believe I have narrowed down the problem, which some people have reported when using UCD and got CTD's without anything logged within Orbiter.log.

The facts:
-Started an empty Scenario, to keep things simple
-spawned a basic vessel, i.e. ShuttlePB using SCN-Editor
-spawned an UCD vessel
-attached UCD to ShuttlePB
-doing nothing...just waiting about 10-20 seconds (focus is on UCD)
-then...CTD, nothing in the logs, also no logs within Event or System log...

Steps to repdroduce:
disabled all the modules/plugins..one by one.
Finaly after disabling LaunchMFD, UCD seems to be working(just waited about 15 minutes without touching anything...no crash so far.
Re-enabled LaunchMFD = CTD within 10-20 seconds (without any user-intervention)
(I have even not used any MFD at this time (Orbiter shows the both default "Orbit-MFD's)
Maybe a problem that UCD and LaunchMFD are using/reserving/changing same Orbiter-variables at the same time ?
I am not a developer....so again...just an idea.
And...yes...I know, UCD was developed for Orbiter 2006, so maybe this one is causing the trouble.

However, I just thought, it could be helpfull, if somebody has similar issues with UCD-CTD's.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Welcome!

Thanks for the detailed bug report. Indeed, the problem is concering the fact that UCD is made for Orbiter 2006 and Launch MFD, specifically its HUD drawing procedure. In the Launch MFD's 2010 release, the HUD drawing is incompatible with 2006 vessels and when you use them, the vessel's virtual table hijacking (our procedure to enable HUD drawing from MFD's context) gets confused. I've just tried to detect such incompatibilities to automatically disable HUD, but there's no technical possibility of doing so, because the basic VESSEL class, that the Orbiter API exposes, doesn't have any virtual methods. Therefore I can't check if a VESSEL that has just caught focus, is of concrete type VESSEL2 (incompatible - stop) or VESSEL3 (compatilble - carry on).

I've also tested Launch MFD 2006 with UCD on Orbiter 2006 and it works OK.

Therefore I propose the following solutions:
1) Ask Martins to include at least a virtual destructor in VESSEL class, so compatibility between its subclasses can be detected, and HUD drawing (or rather virtual table hijacking in the first place) can be automatically disabled (or adjusted!)
2) If you think that this solves the problem, I could provide a config entry that disables the HUD drawing completely
3) Ask Kulch to update his addons
4) Use compatible versions of addons - Orbiter 2006 and Launch MFD 2006 for 2006 vessels.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Another idea that I have is that I could make the HUD start in the disabled state by default and enable it only on user's request, when it's clear for the user that the given vessel is of compatible type. At least this would eliminate the semi-random CTDs.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Probably the best idea so far:
I figured out that although I can't check the concrete class type of the vessel, I still can check its name. Therefore, I could make a list of strings containing class names of vessels that are compatible for sure, that is stock vessels, and the most prominent vessels, such as XRs. For these vessels the HUD will be enabled by default, and for all other vessels it will be only enabled on user demand.

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com

Probably the best idea so far:
I figured out that although I can't check the concrete class type of the vessel, I still can check its name. Therefore, I could make a list of strings containing class names of vessels that are compatible for sure, that is stock vessels, and the most prominent vessels, such as XRs. For these vessels the HUD will be enabled by default, and for all other vessels it will be only enabled on user demand.

Agreed, Axial MFD does something similar. All it needs is the class name in a text file. In the case of the Axial MFD, if the name is in the file then it's enabled.

turtle91

Reaction score
Many thanks for the detailed answer !
I agree, the best would be, if Kulch would update its brilliant vessels.
I.e. the Energia is still my standard-launcher.
Just a few clicks, and you have a complete launcher without leaving orbiter session.

Again, I am not a developer, just a NBT (Natural Born Troubleshooter)...:lol:
Kulch seems to be using vessel2-class (what I have understood from the UCD sources).

The only issue what is puzzling me is, that even when Launch-MFD is not active (so no HUD), even then, I have the CTD's.
And yes....I am using this brilliant Launch-MFD since Orbiter 2006...and all was working well(with otr without UCD).
That's also the reason, why it took me ages, to find this incompatibilty bewteen Launch-MFD and Kulch's UCD.
Both packages are allways belonging to my standard Orbiter installs.
But, it's long time ago, that I have used UCD...so I have never encountered this problem in Orbiter 2010 before.

I have just tried the LBS (Lunar-Booster-Stage...[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5180"]Lunar Booster Stage (LBS)[/ame] ), to be able for a quick ride to the moon using ESA stuff.

Another option might be, to link-in the Payload-Manager-SDK directly into the LBS, but I don't have the sources for LBS(seems to be converted from SC3 to DLL, but just the "dll" has been packaged).

Another problem is, that I am still fighting with Visual C++-2010, to be able to compile the provided "PMdemonstartor"(part of Kulch's PM-SDK). But no luck so far.

I mean, I can compile ShutllePB and even Atlantis(i.e to change aerodynmics for better AutoFCS compatibility) without any issues, but no luck with other add-ons, which I have tried trie to compile so far.

Sorry, for a bit off-topic.

However, the issue is not urgent for me. I have just seen, that some other people have also random CTD's, when using UCD.
So I thought, that my post would be a small help.
My guess is, that more than 90 percent off all orbinauts have installed Launch-MFD.
I cannot imagine how to survive...even one day...without this brilliant rocket-stable Launch-MFD.

Thanks again :thumbup: