Life Onboard The ISS

pandadude

Aussie Orbinaut
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. It's really very interesting. It answers a lot of the less scientific questions I always wanted to ask about day to day stuff that goes on in the ISS. I still think it must be really strange that it goes from night to day so often though!

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I am just watching the HD version.

Absolutely FANTASTIC FIND, Moonwalker! A million thanks for sharing that! :speakcool:

Garrett is funny as hell:

"... these bars run my life... and the red line keeps on moving and moving, I can't stop it..." (hitting the laptop)

:lol:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! :D

Speaking about day to day stuff in space... is there anyone among us that's been in space or in orbit around Earth for real? :)

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Very interesting footage. What surprised me most is all the background noise, is that from ventilation alone? It sounds way too intrusive to me.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
"The red food containers are Russian and the blue are American." :lol:

Thanks for Posting!!

is there anyone among us that's been in space or in orbit around Earth for real?

That would be interesting to know! But I don't think they would say it as they would get hundreds of PMs and Visitor Messages.

pandadude

Aussie Orbinaut
Reaction score
In the fourth video he stole a Russian food container for breakfast!

Moonwalker

Reaction score
What surprised me most is all the background noise, is that from ventilation alone? It sounds way too intrusive to me.

It's the environmental control systems and fans which create a rather noisy environment by moving the air continuously. It is never quiet within a space craft under normal operation.

This footage gives you an impression of how it sounds in the flight deck and middeck of the Space Shuttle: