Search looking for good planet textures

jinglesassy

Reaction score
hello, i am looking for good realistic level 9/10 textures for earth and any other planets/moons, thanks

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Hello, the Recommended Addons page has links you might find usefull. So does the search function by the way.

And next time you make a thread, choose a more descriptive title. I will edit your thread so that everyone knows what it is about.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
hello, and i know about the recommended addons page but i dont really like that earth texture i have it atm and from space it just doesnt look that good to me

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
hello, i am looking for good realistic level 9/10 textures for earth and any other planets/moons, thanks
So why not put that in the subject line? That is what it is there for.

Regards,
Grumpy Mod. :p

EDIT: TSP beat me to it - you gotta be quick around here.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
sorry bout that and i mean a texture like this but compatible with the latest version:
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1874"]Planet Earth Ultra High Res Level 9 Version 3.0[/ame]

Reaction score
Does the Earth texture you have now (Earth Level 10 package?) look a little blurry from orbit? If so, it may not be installed correctly, and Orbiter may still be using the default texture.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Install [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2552"]THIS[/ame] first, then install THIS, and finally install [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2379"]THIS[/ame].

jinglesassy

Reaction score
now when im in leo its the same as before but with an atmosphere but when i am a bit higher like 650 km it changes to a diffrent texture is this normal?

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Yes, at certain distances texture and polygon detail is reduced. This is called LOD. By replacing the levels that are beeing switched to you achieve a smoother transition.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
here are both of the pictures showing earth at slightly diffrent altitudes

Attachments

• earth1.JPG
    earth1.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 23
  • earth3.JPG
    earth3.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 22

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Yes, that is due to changing from the big resolution to the lower resolution. Optimaly those should be created from the same source.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
That is the suggestion. IDK if it works or not because I don't use the high-res textures myself. I would be most interested if you try it and post screenshots like you did above.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
ok i installed the level 8 one too and it now runs seamlessly really as in i cant tell a diffrence when i zoom out so its like the same texture but of a lower resolution for farther out