Project Lunar Module "Spider" (Updated 11/01/2012)

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm all for it. I'd like to have it as standalone version so I can tow it using other crafts.

Tycho

Reaction score
I think it depends really on how much time you have or want to invest in the project. I'm sure a standalone version would be appreciated. As for me, I think UMMU support in the as-is LM would be fantastic; the addon is already tremendous in its current state. I think after cleaning up the code and adding UMMU support to the current Spider and then moving on to the CSM would be your best option. But that's just me.

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Ok I've started the clean-up in earnest...

32585217.jpg

...the next release will include UMMU/UCCGO support. The number of placeholders and workarounds that I had in place were only serving to make the code more complex and difficult to navigate/mangage. Creating two seperate crew and subsystem modeling schemes (one with UMMUs and another without) was resulting in a lot of duplicated of effort, and messy sub-branches.

A major part of the clean up will be to unify these various branches and eliminate the the duplicated and unused variables/functions so that Spider becomes less of a memory hog. I will be releasing a "Light" version that will run "as is" on a clean install of orbiter, but it will be substantially less complex.

Once the clean up is largely complete "Spider" will refer to the "Light" version further developement of the "Complex" version will be documented in a seperate "UMMU Apollo" thread.

In the mean-time here's a teaser.

picture.php

Return of the technicolor spacecraft.

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Author's Note:

All further updates for "Spider" and "UMMU Apollo" are being done under the auspices of "Apollo Aplication Project for Orbiter" and be will documented/discussed in this thread.

Last edited: