McCain or Obama?

Which Canidate do you want to win the election?

• McCain

Votes: 54 36.2%
  • Obama

Votes: 95 63.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeybigO

can't get in a word edgewise
Donator
Reaction score
I'll just post my prediction quickly: Obama 337 vs McCain 201.

More precisely, in the toss up states, ND, MT, FL and IN will vote for McCain, the remainder for Obama. McCain will not suffer the humilation of losing in AZ.

Well having lived in AZ for quite some time, Arizona is a particularly democratic state. Democratic mayors in all of the major cities, and a Dem as Governor.

Last edited:

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Either way we'll know very early, say before 8:30 or 9:00 PM, who the next president is likely to be. Even giving every toss up states to McCain and turning the to GOP NM, NV and CO back from leaning Obama to solid McCain, he still loses by 3 electoral votes if PA and VA vote for Obama.

One this side of the fence, we have stocked up on a Superbowl-type feast... Tonight is going to be quite interesting.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Interesting times. ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It's not going to get good until about 8 EST. Or about 0100 GMT

Most stations here plan with the first estimates around midnight. As I am not completely insane, I think I will sleep, when the winner is officially announced (or at least announced which court will decide). I hope I wake up in the same world, I was falling asleep in. :p

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
....., he still loses by 3 electoral votes if PA and VA vote for Obama.

That is what it hinges on IMHO. If PA goes for McCain, it is going to be a LONG night. If PA doesn't go for McCain, it can be over very quickly depending on which states goes for Obama. Of course, whoever wins might want a recount anyway given the state of things. There is no way Obama can keep his promises, so he might be a one term President anyway.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
There is no way Obama can keep his promises, so he might be a one term President anyway.

In that case, all former presidents would be singularities.

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Just read something interesting off the C-SPAN website:

C-SPAN said:
On C-SPAN, LIVE coverage of the Presidential and State Congressional races (7pm ET). On C-SPAN2, a simulcast from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (8pm ET). And on C-SPAN3, reports and updates from CBS Radio News (8pm ET).

I guess every network in the country was not enough, so they stole someone elses!:lol:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Our school district ("4" high schools, 5 junior high schools, and 14 elementaries) had a mock election the other day and the results are in. Interestingly, the percents are almost exactly the same as this thread with 65% Obama and 35% McCain.
http://www.gccisd.net/ - District Website (results will be there for now)
McCain only won in 2 elementary schools and by a small percentage. Obama won in all 21 other schools.

fort

Reaction score
If somebody here have an idea concerning the possible victory of the democratic camp with respect to Kyoto and the agreements of Doha....The democrats were not if I remember much "hotter" than the republicans concerning the protocol of Kyoto in the past.

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I don't want to start it myself, but I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts as the results come in. Can somebody start a new thread, please? Just for tonight's events and aftermath?

Cheers.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Thanks, watching now. Can someone confirm that I have this process right: If the majority of voters in a given state vote for Candidate A, then all of that state's Electoral College votes go to Candidate A?

Thats true for most states. Some states (Maine is one, I forget the others) divide their electoral votes in proportion to the voters.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
bad idea. CNN is too liberal and not accurate. heres an accurate one http://elections.foxnews.com/states_map/index.html
They both look pretty close to me. Also the Fox one only shows the popular vote and not the electoral college votes (unless I'm missing something).

-----Posted Added-----

Thats true for most states. Some states (Maine is one, I forget the others) divide their electoral votes in proportion to the voters.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.