Gaming Mechwarrior 4 Released for Free

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Japanese already made a mech...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvv92DlS3uo&feature=related"]YouTube- The Japanese have created a mech warrior[/nomedia]

loyalj

Reaction score
This MTX thing is pretty much the worst thing in the entire universe.

I got the MTX system installed lastnight... but it runs as if it were a Java applet on my five year old iBook. I don't even know what you would do to write windows software that simulates that sort of situation.

Either way, I ordered it to install MW4 and it started up the torrents. It crashed. Not only that, I had the FSX settings screen open since I was reviewing my log book for the week... FSX will no longer load past the splash screen. der.

So, after a reboot, i ordered it to install MW4 and then went to bed. Got up this morning and there was a thing telling me MW4 was updated. I clicked the okay button and saw a screen telling me status = installed. I clicked launch game... MTX crashed.

But, back on the windows desktop there's a MW4 icon. So i click that and the screen goes black. It comes back to the MW4 graphic settings screen. but when I launch the game it tells me it cannot find disc 2.

Now I am back in MTX updating to .20... 7mb down, 56 to go. I can almost taste the mech on mech action at this point.

But, for a free game this is costing me a lot of flight time.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This MTX thing is pretty much the worst thing in the entire universe.

I got the MTX system installed lastnight... but it runs as if it were a Java applet on my five year old iBook. I don't even know what you would do to write windows software that simulates that sort of situation.

Either way, I ordered it to install MW4 and it started up the torrents. It crashed. Not only that, I had the FSX settings screen open since I was reviewing my log book for the week... FSX will no longer load past the splash screen. der.

So, after a reboot, i ordered it to install MW4 and then went to bed. Got up this morning and there was a thing telling me MW4 was updated. I clicked the okay button and saw a screen telling me status = installed. I clicked launch game... MTX crashed.

But, back on the windows desktop there's a MW4 icon. So i click that and the screen goes black. It comes back to the MW4 graphic settings screen. but when I launch the game it tells me it cannot find disc 2.

Now I am back in MTX updating to .20... 7mb down, 56 to go. I can almost taste the mech on mech action at this point.

But, for a free game this is costing me a lot of flight time.

I had a similar experience. MTX runs for me like its on an old Pentium 75 with 16MB RAM rather than a dual-core 64bit AMD and 4GB. <click> go find something to do. <click> find something else to do. I FINALLY got the game installed, and was able to launch from the desktop shortcut and get into the game menus yesterday morning. Unfortunately it was time to leave for work and I have not had time since to try and play any actual missions. I will have the opportunity tonight and if all goes well will probably be glued to my computer until morning.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I suspect it is just a test for MTX, instead of being a just a free release of a very old game.

loyalj

Reaction score
Unfortunately it was time to leave for work and I have not had time since to try and play any actual missions. I will have the opportunity tonight and if all goes well will probably be glued to my computer until morning.

I am racing the clock as we type. T-1:19:07 and counting.

golden_eye

Reaction score
I've had similar slowness with MTX, but I got it installed and updated this morning after 2 days of downloading and gave it a quick run through to test it out. The only thing I did was make sure the folder security options were set to full control and everything worked fine on my Win7 machine.

anemazoso

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What size is the file? The list says it is 1719MB but I'm up to 1.85GB. Anyone know what the final size is?

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
What size is the file? The list says it is 1719MB but I'm up to 1.85GB. Anyone know what the final size is?
The whole folder MTX + Zipped Game and patches + Unzipped, installed game = 3.90 GB

MTX + Zipped game and patches = 1.84 GB
Game Only = 2.06 GB

I've made several new variants but that shouldn't add to the size by much.